Thread: My Experience with Attends with Waistband

Default My Experience with Attends with Waistband

First of all; I am creating this as the ones in the following links are closed:

So how was my experience with the Attends with Waste bands?

Well to tell you this.. I was quite a bit disappointed with them as they were very thin and the padding did not hold up. It dissolved quite extensively. Yeah the Crinkle factor was there. But it was like wearing something that is a plastic bag that had some weird smelling cotton candy put in there and had a piece of tissue paper put over that. When it came to wetting and I am a very heavy wetter, They did not hold up. They leaked and when I was taking them off they were leaking so I did not roll them up like how I normally do. I just put them in my trash can which the trash liner was doing a better job at containing the leaks than what the diaper was. I wore the last one to bed which I had two and I was using a Goodnites Bed mat under me. Well the diaper leaked quite extensively and needless to say I am very glad that I had the bed mat under me.

The Diaper that I am wearing now is a Secure X-Plus Diaper and the Secure X-Plus Diapers have been able to hold my accidents quite well.

Scoring chart:

Looks: 5/10
    Comfort 4/10
    Smell: 4/10
    Reliability: 2/10
    Crinkle factor: 8/10
    Overall 4/10

Scoring scale:

Attends with Wastebands. (Diaper of this experience)

[Detractor] - [Neutral] - [Promoter]
    [1 2 3 (4) 5] - [ 6 7 8] - [ 9 10]

Secure X-Plus. (My Ideal Diaper)

[1 2 3 4 5] - [ 6 7 8] - [ 9 (10)]

I agree! They're comfy and crinkly but that's it. I wore those for years until I was searching the web and found Bambinos about 2 years ago and wow.....never looked back I'm spoiled now!

HushedSnow

Alright, ill keep this noted whenever i pick out my own, thx!

I gave up on them about a year ago. They went downhill fast. After about two wettings they started clumping bad.
    I switched to Abena M3's and never wore them again. I donated my last 3 packs to Goodwill.

For a "fun" diaper ya attends are not the best, but I will admit that the days that you do need a diaper (for things beyond your control) that are good enough.

I used to wear Attends with Waste bands as my daytime diaper. I had experience leakage. The diaper used to be good but it has gotten worst over the years. I stop using them. I had also used Secure X-Plus. Much better diaper and no leakage.

Attends back the 1980's and early 90's were good when they were still made by P&G
    but after P&G sold off the attends line they went way down hill in quality

Lozza1979

Funny, I was just shopping for nappy's and almost bought some Attends, but decided to buy Abena M4's instead.The only thing with abena is you only get 14 in a pack which isn't much if you're wearing 24/7 and they're expensive, but I've heard they're good.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by Mauiman View Post
    [1 2 3 (4) 5] - [ 6 7 8] - [ 9 10]

Secure X-Plus. (My Ideal Diaper)

[1 2 3 4 5] - [ 6 7 8] - [ 9 (10)]
    I really liked your scoring scale there! I have a document in which I keep track of the different diapers I've tried over the years. I have a graph, to scoring. I might incorporate your scoring scale into my existing chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozza1979 View Post
    Funny, I was just shopping for nappy's and almost bought some Attends, but decided to buy Abena M4's instead.The only thing with abena is you only get 14 in a pack which isn't much if you're wearing 24/7 and they're expensive, but I've heard they're good.
    I am wearing the Abena L4's and they are comfortable, Very good and I am finding them to be very comfortable.

[1 2 3 4 5] - [ 6 7 8] - [ (9) 10]