Thread: anual depresion

Default anual depresion

hello i was wondering if anyone else on this site has a time of every year were they get depresed to the point of staying in bed most days and not wanting to move.

for me its winter i just feel drained and tired and get sad for no reason idk why or what causes it but its only in winter.

I used to fall into depression long time ago, nowadays it's really rare and just happens when it's a really stormy day.

FullMetal

You have what the medical field calls Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD. It is pretty common and very natural, so don't get too down. Just try and think a little more positive at this time of year. Try to get past some of the anxiety and learn how to overcome some of the pain by avoiding some things that make you feed sad.

Most commonly, it is you wake up, and it is dark, right? Maybe try turning on the lights in the morning, playing some of your favorite music. Be proactive about it.

FullMetal

no i like the dark gives me timeto think about things but the music is a good idea. XD my freinds say i like depresing music idk why though. thank you full metal o and the irony of the name of that disorder cherred me up some

You could get a lightbox (mentioned in FullMetal's link), I believe they are meant to help.

I always feel drained this time if year...

It's not that just being dark makes you depressed, it's that your not getting enough sun daily. because it's winter, the sun is out only half the time, and emmisions from the sun are cut down. people who get affected by this have sesonal depresion. My dad has it and gets really angry in the winter, he's really hard to live with. But we recently found out about this special light that gives off the emmisions that affect seasonal depression. so now that my dad has it, he's perfectly fine in the winter, which is quite a reliefe.

lol can a person get a tan with it XD jk but thats good hes esiaer to live with

No, i don't think you can. It is a very bright light though. maby after a few hours of it, but thats like a few hours of stairing into the sun!

You could get a lightbox (mentioned in FullMetal's link), I believe they are meant to help.
    I get Seasonal Affective Disorder too. Light boxes are really expensive, so I asked my doctor what else would work. He told me that sitting in a tanning both for five to ten minutes has the same effect. My gym has free tanning, so I do that. It's pretty sweet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol can a person get a tan with it
    Actually, it gives off uv rays, so yeah, you could technically get a tan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol can a person get a tan with it
    Exposure to the sunlight actually produces serotonin and other neurotransmitters that fight depression. Hence the feelings of sadness, drowsiness or lethargy.