Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me understand why you all think trying to improve small diapers is a horrid idea? *RANT*

Angry Help me understand why you all think trying to improve small diapers is a horrid idea? *RANT*

I am just curious about this........ I don't think I have ever asked this.

I know this is long but please read all of this or you will completely misunderstand my point. Don't do it I see you reading the last comment. O.O

A while back when I started a petition to help companies realize small diapers need the same quality/performance as other sizes, I got a bunch of comments that really urked me.

Like please someone explain to me why I should just abandon hope on improving small sizes. I honestly am sick and tired of hearing the whole "THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH OF SMALL SIZED PEOPLE".

Like SERIOUSLY you are just giving me a big middle finger to the face and basically saying,"BECAUSE YOU ARE A SIZE SMALLER THEN US YOU DESERVE HORRID PRODUCTS AND SHOULD JUST DEAL WITH IT" every-time I hear that.

I understand logic too, but in this situation something has to be done. If I don't attempt to actually change how small products are they will either stay the same or get worse then what they are.

I also feel like those same people are trying to pressure me to eat a TUB OF LARD just to fit into the same waist group as them.

Like for the love of ALMIGHTY why don't you understand from my point of view. I am not asking for ab/dl diapers, I just wanted small sized diapers to have the same quality work put into them as other sizes. This is a perfectly logical demand that supports more then just the ab/dl community.

I honestly hate how they are not being supportive in a situation that helps IC people also. It could help teens who wet the bed. It could help kids, teens, and small adults that are stuck in-between baby diaper and adult diaper sizes, yet people want to push your idea down because it isn't helping them personally.

Before someone says the whole "I didn't sign it because I am not in that size and it would throw off the actually results.", stuff. I am not referring to this. I understand this and I am not trying to force you to sign my petition. I am upset at how rude I have been treated over it by people.

If you don't believe me look here: Small Diaper Petition - Diaper Lovers - [DD] Boards & Chat

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to understand from your point of view more though.

Also what are some other ways I can actually get a company to listen to our response. I always hear companies don't listen to petitions, but very few people actually give you a good idea at what you can try.

I honestly did not know that there was a problem with small sized diapers.

I wish you all the best with your campaign to improve the quality of small diapers.

They only why I think that you could make companies listen to you, would be to demonstrate a financial benefit to them to improve the quality of their products.

Quote Originally Posted by kratox View Post
    I am just curious about this........ I don't think I have ever asked this.

I know this is long but please read all of this or you will completely misunderstand my point. Don't do it I see you reading the last comment. O.O

A while back when I started a petition to help companies realize small diapers need the same quality/performance as other sizes, I got a bunch of comments that really urked me.

Like please someone explain to me why I should just abandon hope on improving small sizes. I honestly am sick and tired of hearing the whole "THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH OF SMALL SIZED PEOPLE".

Like SERIOUSLY you are just giving me a big middle finger to the face and basically saying,"BECAUSE YOU ARE A SIZE SMALLER THEN US YOU DESERVE HORRID PRODUCTS AND SHOULD JUST DEAL WITH IT" every-time I hear that.

I understand logic too, but in this situation something has to be done. If I don't attempt to actually change how small products are they will either stay the same or get worse then what they are.

I also feel like those same people are trying to pressure me to eat a TUB OF LARD just to fit into the same waist group as them.

Like for the love of ALMIGHTY why don't you understand from my point of view. I am not asking for ab/dl diapers, I just wanted small sized diapers to have the same quality work put into them as other sizes. This is a perfectly logical demand that supports more then just the ab/dl community.

I honestly hate how they are not being supportive in a situation that helps IC people also. It could help teens who wet the bed. It could help kids, teens, and small adults that are stuck in-between baby diaper and adult diaper sizes, yet people want to push your idea down because it isn't helping them personally.

Before someone says the whole "I didn't sign it because I am not in that size and it would throw off the actually results.", stuff. I am not referring to this. I understand this and I am not trying to force you to sign my petition. I am upset at how rude I have been treated over it by people.

If you don't believe me look here: Small Diaper Petition - Diaper Lovers - [DD] Boards & Chat

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to understand from your point of view more though.

Also what are some other ways I can actually get a company to listen to our response. I always hear companies don't listen to petitions, but very few people actually give you a good idea at what you can try.
    Well, kratox... this is not daily-Diapers...this is ADISC...so probably not all...or that many if any would have been rude to you here...

As a small one myself...I quite well understand the frustration that you are having...but, unless you find a company that can afford to be about everyone, over profit margins, or even staying in business...until the greater population has much larger numbers of the smaller stature...not much to do...

If it's what you believe in...then don't give up, but understand too why you may run into resistance... For everything that you protest as unfair, etc...you may want to get the business perspective from the manufacture's situation...and realize too, that you may be coming off inadvertently or otherwise... as fat-shaming or to that effect...

Also, if you appear to be ignoring the bigger-picture...especially in the face of what seems fact...you're going to have a difficult time getting the respect to support your cause...

Kudos to you for your determination! See if you can find some creative solutions that goes beyond a protest...figure out why it's not working...

And yes, I did read your post all the way through...I won't be going to daily-diapers, you'll have to take up those issues there...we'll help you as much as we can here...

Regards,
    -Marka

Totally true, In my country you won't be able to find a good diaper in size small (Hardly any diaper in size small) it's so frustrating since medium diapers are huge, not a good fit at all.

Indeed there's a lot of people that need/want small adult diapers and there's a market right there, this people often go with those awful discrete diapers from depend or tena and it's not good at all, but it's all you can get.

I need those diapers but I can't seem to find any, I hate it.

I feel your frustration, I have a sizing issue as well. I'm practically stuck in between 2 sizes. Mediums are a bit too tight and the larges are to big for me. I find it rather annoying. There's numerous people like me, who have this problem as well. The thing is that these companies try to make money on very little effort. They make it for a range of average people. It's not only diapers, but shoes as well. I wear a size (US)13 shoe. Most of the shoes in my size are ugly, dull and boring. My feet are also wide and because of this my toes have become deformed because of this issue. My pinky toes are pushed and shoved into the other toes. My big toes are curved inward as well. My toes are always in pain after work because of the shoes that I am required to wear.

With all this said, corporations couldn't care less about the consumer's specific needs. If you look all over, you'll come to see that it is widespread in everything. We used to have refrigerators that used to last at least a decade or more, I've gone through 3 of them in the last 12 years. Everything is made cheaper these days with a candy coated shell. Then you pay 500% of the costs to make it.

Kratox, more power to you and good luck on your efforts. If you want a better product, you're doing all the right things to try and get one. You could even look into getting a bunch of smaller sized people together and maybe getting a custom product produced in bulk if there's enough interest to justify the costs (plus, then you'll all be set for a long time).

What I would caution, is to be ready for failure. As you've no doubt seen, the number of people that want small diapers isn't as big as other sizes, so it may be that even with all your efforts, it just won't work because there isn't a large enough number of people interested in buying to justify the creation of the product that you want. If that's the case, you'll just have to keep trying and find something else that's as good as possible in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    Well, kratox... this is not daily-Diapers...this is ADISC...so probably not all...or that many if any would have been rude to you here...

As a small one myself...I quite well understand the frustration that you are having...but, unless you find a company that can afford to be about everyone, over profit margins, or even staying in business...until the greater population has much larger numbers of the smaller stature...not much to do...

If it's what you believe in...then don't give up, but understand too why you may run into resistance... For everything that you protest as unfair, etc...you may want to get the business perspective from the manufacture's situation...and realize too, that you may be coming off inadvertently or otherwise... as fat-shaming or to that effect...

Also, if you appear to be ignoring the bigger-picture...especially in the face of what seems fact...you're going to have a difficult time getting the respect to support your cause...

Kudos to you for your determination! See if you can find some creative solutions that goes beyond a protest...figure out why it's not working...

And yes, I did read your post all the way through...I won't be going to daily-diapers, you'll have to take up those issues there...we'll help you as much as we can here...

Regards,
    -Marka

Also I in no way was trying to come out as "fat shaming". I was asking for smalls to be improve in quality that literally is not talking about people of large sizes.

Finally I do understand price and demand.

Let's put it this way if you run a t shirt company and you have more a demand for a size large you should obviously make more of that size to accommodate for the demand. If you have less of a demand for size smalls you should make less to accommodate for the demand and take consideration of the price to make said product.

You will end ups till making a profit following this. It makes no sense to outright get rid of a product or extremely lower the performance on products just because you sell more of a larger size.

I find mediums are too big around my legs and waist so I have ordered size small because I need a Nappy that fits well to keep me dry at night, but reading this I'm now worried.

I don't recall anyone saying that you shouldn't try to improve small diaper options. What does get said is that a petition isn't the way to go about it and the failing is due to market forces (likely real and perceived). I don't think you're owed a good choice of small diapers or any diapers at all for that matter. I don't think I am. If they're being produced by a corporation, it has to be profitable. Other considerations are of varying importance once that primary condition is met.

Medium and large diapers for adults are pretty clearly profitable as demonstrated by the variety. It also appears that there aren't enough small diaper wearers to support the same level of variety. I say this only trying to help you and your cause: if you want to make a change here, it needs to be in some manner more rigorous than an online petition. Unless it's an ABDL diaper (which you don't seem to care about) it needs to reach outside our small, ecnomomically unimpressive community. We aren't the grass roots you're looking for or at least we're only a small part of who you need on your side. Be more serious about dealing with your concern or be less picky about what companies are offering. If I could snap my fingers and produce good, small diapers, I'd be snapping a lot for you guys but as it stands, you will have to work for it.

Just saying the smallest people on the planet also have the best most effecient diapers (children). face it its all about demand. kids have the highest quallity because they corner almost half if not more than half the entire planets diaper population every kid has used or is still useing a diaper of some kind. kids use more diapers than adults so naturally they have better products. skips teens because not many of them use most of the small people that complain are roughly about the size of an average teen where im at so that could be your problem. then you get to the next major faction the average adult (roughly a medium size to possibly large)there are not many In between sizes you may want to look for a diaper specificly meant for children 11 into the teens. there is one i know and the diaper looks cool BUT their marketing is questionable at best which is y i have stayed away from it personally so far but would eventually like to check it out. but for more info PM me

But yeah Kids and big people have the market cornered not so much for the in-between