Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nappy (Diaper) Experiment....

lpoolboy

Post Nappy (Diaper) Experiment....

Hey there!
    I have been here for a while and responded to some posts, been on the IRC channel etc. But I wanted to write a piece for the community.

Right, having spoken to several members on the IRC channel about incontinence etc I was wondering what it would be like to go for a 'normal' day wearing nappies outside, doing my normal routine etc. I have worn outside before but just for a couple of hours, I wanted to get a real experience. However, I do know that being incontinent you can't control your bladder and/or bowels and I can. When I needed to wet I did regardless of my position e.g. standing, sitting etc.

Day One
    Nappy: Tena Slip, Medium, 2900ml
    This nappy has an average thickness, not too thin or too thick. It strapped on ok and went on over my jeans. There was no obvious bulge or 'waddle' when wearing. It felt comfortable, however I had the feeling that if I wet it too much it would leak - it felt a bit flimsy. When i was walking it was not as noticable as other nappies I mean it squished up between my legs a little. I spent the morning shopping (from 10.00am), then met two friends for lunch. I had wet the nappy twice (not soaked) and there was no bulge to it, I think my jeans kept it down. I came home, walked the dog and messed in it while walking. (Don't worry it was about 7pm, dark and nobody around - as I would not mess like this in front of others). Again, it all held inside the nappy.

Pros: Was not really noticable as a nappy, held a fair bit
    Cons: I could imainge that this nappy would leak, did not feel secure

Day Two
    Nappy: Abena, Medium, 3600ml
    Wow this was a thick one! Really thick nappy, bulky, thickness all around, crotch and bottom area. It strapped on ok with a few adjustments, I had to squeeze it under my jeans. I looked in the mirror and I felt that it did look a little bulky down there, not like 'he's wearing a nappy' bulky. It did take me a while to get use to walking in this nappy, but it worked out ok. I spent the morning shopping, had lunch in Starbucks by myself. What a thirsty nappy! I wet twice (big wets) it did all stay in, but what a bulge! I could feel it under my jeans, but I don't think you could see it. Again, I came home spent some more time wearing, wet again! and it was still ok.

Pros: Thirsty nappy, nice secure feeling
    Cons: A bit bulky, swelling (its nice inside but outside...)

Hmmm so what have I learn't? Well it must be hard to be incontinent, I did not have to change while outside, but I know there are disabled WCs etc. I did enjoy the experience and I did feel snug and secure when wearing.

Any comments or questions would be nice.
    (BTW please be kind as it's my first 'proper' contribution to the community)

Lpoolboy
    Last edited by lpoolboy; 03-Jan-2009 at 16:17. Reason: Punctuation

Well, you barley scratched the surface. I wore for a whole week once, with average diapers(Depends and Walgreens) I wore all day and all night. By the 3rd day, it got annoying, next time, try going longer

Thats interesting. I think we all have wondered and fantasized how it would be to incont., and most have come to the conclusion that it would suck. I know my self from expereance that I cannot go more than 2-3 day before I just must have a break.

Was that Tena a Maxi? If so, even though it may seem thin compared to the Abri/Abena stuff, it'll hold a lot and won't leak until it's full. It's also a lot more flexible for outdoor use, walking about. Has good odour control too.

Abena I find although it holds a lot, it's not very good for wearing all day as the stuffing falls apart when wet and the whole thing becomes saggy and very very smelly.

But besides that, I've done many days in a row just wearing them almost as if I had to. I find after a couple of days they become kind of normal. Only occasionally have I done a week long and it can get to the extent that diaper changing is a bit of a chore, but a necessity to keep smells under control (and keep comfortable). Have done it once in the presence of others staying in the house, and going outdoors with them, and that limits when you can do changes so kind of forced to wear and use them properly (pooping obviously done in the toilet, usually around the time of a change).

I wouldn't wear tight jeans though. More likely to leak when sitting doing that. Useful to have something snug though under jeans or whatever especially with Abena. Snug but flexible/expanding. e.g. Cycling shorts, lycra boxer-briefs, tights even! (tights are great for holding diapers in place but not being too "tight". It's why parents use them on babies after all. Use thick girls cotton tights though. Good for cold days too). Or a onesie

lpoolboy

Hey DM
    Yep it was a Tena Maxi that I used and it did seem thinner compared to the Abena. I found that the stuffing in the abena held togehter; it seemed ok, maybe near the end it fell a tad. About the odour, I did notice a slight 'wet nappy' odour' from the abena, the tena was fine.

The reason for the jeans was that I wanted to wear a nappy, jeans and jumper, I had that little white band at the top of my jeans too. But the jumper covered all of that up.

Next time, I plan to wear an onsie, but sometimes I like to pull the nappy up and i cant get at it when its in an onsie. (Unless there is a special trick!)

I am planning another one of these 'experiments' but for a little longer and when I have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by lpoolboy View Post
    Next time, I plan to wear an onsie, but sometimes I like to pull the nappy up and i cant get at it when its in an onsie. (Unless there is a special trick!)
    Tights are better for that, and if they're white tights they look like the nappy showing out the top of your jeans too

Though some onesies have more of a gap at the leg to get your hand in and pull that nappy up. I find I have to do that with Abena because of the sagging when wet. Though if fastened right they shouldn't drop much. Tena is better for that though. Better still is Harmony if you can get them, as they have a wide long tape that will hold the thing in place solid.

Mind you, I often wear dungarees (overalls to Americans ) these days. Usually with a onesie underneath. Stick on a jumper or something over, unless you're brave enough to be unfashionable and openly wear dungarees in the UK (a sin unless you are under 5 or a girl. I so wish they'd come back into fashion ).

zakrawr

nappies rarely sag when i wear skinny jeans.

then times when i wear normal jeans or jogging bottoms, i wear mesh/net pants underneath, to keep the nappy up and stop it falling down when very wet.
    keeping it closer to my body feels better too.

An interesting read, and I like the fact you did it to see what it would be like to be incontinent. Not the OMG I wanna piss myself make myself incontinent thing that some people seem to go for even though they don't realise the hastle involved. Also, the reports themselves are very interesting. I look forward to reading your report after a longer experiment, and hope you enjoy it!

lpoolboy

Hey Folks
    Thank you for your comments and questions etc. I do plan on doing another one of these 'experiments'.

This time - Friday evening til Monday morning, 3 nights and 2 days 24/7.

I am thinking the middle of January 23rd - 26th.

I will post when all is done.

Thank you
    LpoolBoy

Quote Originally Posted by lpoolboy View Post
    Hey Folks
    Thank you for your comments and questions etc. I do plan on doing another one of these 'experiments'.

This time - Friday evening til Monday morning, 3 nights and 2 days 24/7.

I am thinking the middle of January 23rd - 26th.

I will post when all is done.

Thank you
    LpoolBoy
    I'll keep an eye out for you in Liverpool then seems I will be there on 25th and 26th