Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Loss of Interest & HRT

CrinklySiren

Default Loss of Interest & HRT

So i've been on hormones for 18 days now, and I've noticed that my interest or desire to diaper up or dress up, or even simply behave little or express my inner-child has decreased DRAMATICALLY. Mind you, its not sexual for me and it never has been, but I haven't had any urge to practice any ABDL activities for a record 2, almost 3 weeks. I was wondering if maybe anyone who has been on hormones has ever seen this kind of decline in ABDL/Little desires.

I've been told that your interests or hobbies may expand or change, and that your sexuality changes while on hormones, but as I said before ~ being a Little isnt sexual for me, and while I still like diapers and cute outfits and i think its all very cute and adorable, i simply find that I don't want to indulge as much as I use to. On top of that, i never saw this as an "interest" or a "hobby" but more of a lifestyle and a personality trait that was a very big part of who I am, and still is.

I know the percentage of trans-individuals on here is pretty low but if anyone can offer some insight, i'd greatly appreciate it I'm not worried or anything, just mind-boggled.

You probably just experiencing some difficulties on how you relate to yourself, since you are changing the way you look, no matter what that is, it has always been a part of you on the level of acknowledgement. But I'm no expert.

Well since I'm male my two cents won't count because I can't relate on your level. However, are you worried because of your lack of desire or just surprised? Either way I hope you find contentment and your happy with the changes!

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by BambinoPants View Post
    Well since I'm male my two cents won't count because I can't relate on your level. However, are you worried because of your lack of desire or just surprised? Either way I hope you find contentment and your happy with the changes!
    Not worried :P Just astonished.

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyEmilyLG View Post
    I'm not worried or anything, just mind-boggled.

I've never heard about anything specific to this, but not many other transgirls I know are openly AB/LG with me. (I wish though! Adorable little girl time would be fun!) A lot of odd things happen, especially at the start though.. so the important thing is just to remember your current state is very much in a transitioning period. That and you'll just start connecting things to it that might be unrelated too just because you are looking for changes too, again, especially at this stage.
    Last edited by gigglemuffinz; 07-Mar-2014 at 18:43.

I would not give up on not liking it just yet.
    It might just be the big changes to your body, and does not know what it is.
    Its not used to it yet, so maybe give it some time.

It may come back or not.
    Tho we are here for support if ya need it. ^_^

CrinklySiren

Its not that i don't like it, nor that I'm worried or upset or anything. I just have no interest in being little or wearing diapers and haven't been for the longest time since starting hormones. It was more just a curious question to see if anyone else has experienced it. I still LIKE it, i just don't feel like practicing it.

Not worried :P Just astonished.
    I can understand that. I think if that happen to me, I'd be like, whats up with me, this isn't the normal me

So i've been on hormones for 18 days now, and I've noticed that my interest or desire to diaper up or dress up, or even simply behave little or express my inner-child has decreased DRAMATICALLY. Mind you, its not sexual for me and it never has been, but I haven't had any urge to practice any ABDL activities for a record 2, almost 3 weeks. I was wondering if maybe anyone who has been on hormones has ever seen this kind of decline in ABDL/Little desires.

I've been told that your interests or hobbies may expand or change, and that your sexuality changes while on hormones, but as I said before ~ being a Little isnt sexual for me, and while I still like diapers and cute outfits and i think its all very cute and adorable, i simply find that I don't want to indulge as much as I use to. On top of that, i never saw this as an "interest" or a "hobby" but more of a lifestyle and a personality trait that was a very big part of who I am, and still is.

I know the percentage of trans-individuals on here is pretty low but if anyone can offer some insight, i'd greatly appreciate it I'm not worried or anything, just mind-boggled.
    hello Crinkly Emily;
    and welcome to your new life....

"transition".... everyone reads about it in anticipation. they all talk of it at the support meetings as if it were a golden-ring just out of reach, but always within sight... taunting everyone onward. but honestly, there is no description that can begin to do the experience justice.

simply put, maybe one could say transition is mostly a subtle shift or gentle sideways slide of one feelings and emotions from one vector onto another vector. this until the person is no longer focused on, or in, the same direction of life-interests that they once were. in all truth, it happens to every M2F..... and after one has both lived through it themselves as well as watched several of their close friends do the same.... well, you can't help but look-on with some amusement each time you see someone new go through it.... look at it as a right of passage so to speak.... it's for the better in most cases.

but too, there are a few that during this time of change, come to realize just what it is they are giving up.... and how much they will miss it. for these folks the change seems to be a wrong turn on their road of life. so they simply go back and take the other fork instead.

i don't think it's too much to say that overall the change ahead of you is like nite and day. but that it will take place slowly over a protracted period of time. so much so that at times it may feel like you are standing still in your transition.

you may not feel like what you were/are at a basic level was sexually motivated, i know that i didn't. but i might remind you that we are all sexual beings. that is one of the most basic ways in which our society connects and forms bonds with each other. after all, without some sense of sexuality, how would we even know that someone had given us the wrong sex-indicator on our birth certificates.

regardless, you will know if the path your walking is right for you if your choices bring you peace of mind and spirit.... not trepidation or anxiety.
    just remember, HRT is reversible should you change your mind at some later time. electrolysis isn't, but who wants to shave anyway.... it's SRS that you want to be damn sure of before you get there.....

good luck, and have fun on your road.....
    Last edited by littlelodgewrecker; 08-Mar-2014 at 06:32.

Arrow Interesting!

Thanks for posting this CrinklyEmilyLG, very interesting to hear about your experience! I am very seriously thinking about testosterone elimination therapy myself, which I plan to achieve by taking 5mg Finasteride and 100mg Spironolactone daily (possibly raising this to 200mg later). I am not really seeking any feminising effects (though I can accept some), so I won't be taking any estrogen. I only want to reduce T to pre-puberty levels, and to reap some of the other benefits of a testosterone free system; I have slightly elevated blood pressure, and I suffer from an auto-immune inflammatory condition, both of which should benefit from the Spironolactone (according to my GP, who thinks I'm a little crazy but has no medical objections to my plan). Other effects I am hoping for include a lessening of body hair, penis and testicle size reduction, elimination of nocturnal erections, reduced hairloss, increased urination frequency and ease, and a complete removal of what little remains of my libido. I have done the baseline bloods and all values look good - and this will be followed up with another test in three months, should I decide to start the treatment.

Being a non-sexual little is a lifestyle choice for me and something I take very seriously; I have already been practicing complete chastity for a number of years and have had very little trouble adapting to this. I feel relaxed and comfortable as a 24/7 toddler and I'm very open to the world around me about what I am. My wardrobe consists entirely of age appropriate clothing (typical for a 3-4 year old boy) and I am in nappies round the clock - it is impossible for anyone who sees me not to know what I am, and that doesn't bother me in the least. I am friendly and happy, at ease in most situations, productive and creative, and generally content with my life in so many ways. Not that I don't have problems, but being a little is not one of them - if anything it's a source of joy, comfort and stability.

I have lived long enough to know that it is "the way" for me; I was aware of these needs from a very early age, at least since age 5-6, and since then it has always been my primary desire. I have lived the 24/7 lifestyle for three or four years now and I fully expect to remain a "little" for the rest of my life. It's who I am! Eliminating testosterone is something I have thought about for a long time; a final step to be taken to get closer to being a toddler boy in body as well as spirit, and I'm very keen to start the treatment.

HOWEVER. Reading about the OP's experience made me a little concerned: one of the thing I like most about my lifestyle is the elimination of choices and the firm routines it imposes. I hate being confused about things, none more so than what my appropriate place and role should be, or even what I should be wearing, and I fear that if I lost interest in being a lifestyle toddler it would rob me of the guidance this desire provides. I worry that I might end up feeling lost and depressed as a consequence. Being a little is such a central part of my identity, and a great source of joy in my everyday life - it's a hobby and a career, a creative outlet and a fashion statement, a gift and a mission.

Unlike many other "asexual littles" I have no trouble seeing sexuality as the driving force behind what I am; it seems obvious to me that even being asexual is a sexuality of sorts, and that my desire to be little is, on a fundamental level, a sexual desire, akin to the famous maxim "if you choose not to choose, you've still made a choice". The tingle we get from living out our fantasies comes from oxytocin (the "cuddle hormone") which has many links to sexuality, and just because you don't masturbate, orgasm, or indeed even get aroused, that doesn't mean that the interest itself isn't sexual in nature. The way I see it I had my system set up from birth to trigger on some things and not on others in a way not dissimilar to someone who is gay or transsexual, and I regard the pleasure I get from feeling little as my de-facto "sexuality". You could say I consider myself a member of the "no-sex" sex

Now, do I take the blue pill ... or the red one?

@CrinklyEmilyLG: I would love to hear more about the changes you're going through, particularly wrt to your reduced interest in "dressing the part".

@everyone: If anyone else has experiences in this area please share your thoughts!

P.S. This is actually my first post here - but I guess it's detailed enough to serve also as my introduction!