Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call for ban on Bitcoin gets response

Default Call for ban on Bitcoin gets response

For anyone who has a clue about Bitcoin, Senator Manchin (D-WV) has called for a ban on them in a letter to regulators (here).

What I found absolutely the best part of this, was that in response, Congressman Polis (D-CO) crafted a letter using almost the exact same arguments, and sent it to regulators asking for a ban on U.S. Dollar Bills (here).

How many of you are happy to see an elected representative showing their thinking skills (and a sense of humor)?!?

If they think they can ban them, they are freaking dumb as hell.

The best thing that will kill of bitcoin is the collapse of Mt.Gox. But even that only dropped it down to around 400 USD per Bitcoin I think.

I would think that one would have to have a lot of money to lose, to use bitcoins. Personally, I use cow teeth as a monitory medium. They're plentiful at slaughter houses, and of course, everyone wants them.

I hope they'll stop worrying about things they can't effectively control and instead focus on the more pressing problem of hordes of uncovered diaper wearers out there.

Was that Congressman high? The one from Colorado that is. You know, since they legalized...you know what, I thought it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranthor View Post
    Was that Congressman high? The one from Colorado that is. You know, since they legalized...you know what, I thought it was funny.
    That would've been a great joke in December. Today it's just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogRTO View Post
    How many of you are happy to see an elected representative showing their thinking skills (and a sense of humor)?!?
    <Maxx raises hand>

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    <Maxx raises hand>
    The people in question are democrats Maxx, put your hand down quickly before they see!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    The people in question are democrats Maxx, put your hand down quickly before they see!
    LOL. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Or at least that used to be the case before digital.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    LOL. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Or at least that used to be the case before digital.
    lol that made me laugh so hard XD
    from what i know of bitcoin, its not an investment, its a gamble, and it will definitely not pay off. such an unstable currency is completely useless, and whats so bad about sticking with state-established currencies? thats how its always worked, right? and besides, world currency like that is just the tip of a really ugly iceberg O.o
    but yeah it was nice to see cleverness in a world thats otherwise monotone and grey lol XD