Tranquility ATN Review

That's quite true, but if you're after a trim diaper and the next step up is cloth-backed or a super thick premium model, what are your options? When Babies R Us went out of business, I switched from using their booster pads to size 5 baby diapers. Roughly the same price, I believe, and more absorbent. I think other choices of dedicated boosters are at least double the cost.

Per my 2016 review above, since then the ATN's have become my go-to day diaper (with booster) and I have found the quality control to be highly consistent. My only wish now is that the crotch was slightly wider, and with a bit more room in the front, to mitigate against occasional leaks.

depends4me said:
That's quite true, but if you're after a trim diaper and the next step up is cloth-backed or a super thick premium model, what are your options? When Babies R Us went out of business, I switched from using their booster pads to size 5 baby diapers. Roughly the same price, I believe, and more absorbent. I think other choices of dedicated boosters are at least double the cost.

Per my 2016 review above, since then the ATN's have become my go-to day diaper (with booster) and I have found the quality control to be highly consistent. My only wish now is that the crotch was slightly wider, and with a bit more room in the front, to mitigate against occasional leaks.
I found that ABU Plastic Preschools were a good mix of capacity and discretion for a reasonable price. Unfortunately, they became harder to buy in a regular schedule for 24/7 and I also disliked the feel of their newer plastic. I wound up migrating to Northshore Supreme Lites. They're a little thinner and a little less capacity but so far, they're never out of stock and I prefer the feeling of the plastic.

Reactions: Angelapinks
I just ordered a pack a few days ago, they arrived today. I think they feel like heaven

Best purchase ever

New favorite takes the cake

I am currently wearing one now!! one of my favorites!!

I bought two packs at a home health care store in my parents city and remembered how much I like them. While they don't hold as much as the big, thick premium brands they are a bargain for the price and fit so well under both shorts and pants for me. I really like the plastic on them too, very soft, which I prefer too.

surprise35 said:
I bought two packs at a home health care store in my parents city and remembered how much I like them. While they don't hold as much as the big, thick premium brands they are a bargain for the price and fit so well under both shorts and pants for me. I really like the plastic on them too, very soft, which I prefer too.
Do they crinkle alot?

jocastacicely95 said:
Do they crinkle alot?
Yes they crinkle but actually less than Abena M4's or other incontinence brands I've worn.

surprise35 said:
Yes they crinkle but actually less than Abena M4's or other incontinence brands I've worn.
Wow different from what others tell me.

I love these myself.

AustinTheLionhearted said:
First of all, sorry for necro-posting.
I have gone through a large sized case of 72 and can rate them myself. The quality control on the tapes in recent batches are horrid. Some of them I had to use the second tape right away, others were impossible to wear because the tapes were bad on one side. I've had mixed results with capacity. Some of them in my case held more than others. I know that the ATNs cannot hold floods or large wetting all at once, so wetting them over time does allow some of the padding to become available for more wettings and therefore increase the longevity of the diaper. I would rate their capacity at 6-8 hours and nothing more due to the inconsistency that these diapers provide. I also modded them with diaper tapes to create a landing zone with mixed results. In contrast with the OP, the tapes have come off multiple times forcing me to use the second tape and in some cases (when the tapes are bad) having to remove the diaper outright.
Use some white ducktape for the bottom 2 tapes and they sell boosters for $10 on amazon. That will correct those issues.

Nihlus said:
All-Through-the-Nights are one of Tranquility's most absorbent products. They aren't as common as Depends so they aren't carried at chain stores but they can sometimes be found at medical supply stores or be obtained by ordering online. This review is for the "medium" size.

Appearance

198-1-Photo_11.jpg

198-2-Photo_43.jpg

These diapers have a medical appearance to them. The outside of the diaper is white with two parallel yellow lines along the diaper as wetness indicators. Between the two lines, there is writing indicating the type of Tranquility diaper, the size, as well as some numbers. As the diaper gets wet, the yellow lines turn blue and the writing between the lines disappears. The padding down the middle of the diaper is peach coloured while the padding on the wings is white.

Fit

198-3-Folded_up.jpg

I found the fit on these things to be quite good. The size medium diaper measures 6" x 8.5" (15cm x 22cm) when folded up and 23" x 30" (56cm x 76cm) when laid out flat. I have a 32" (82cm) waist and I was able to get these diapers to fit me snugly on my first attempt at using them.

198-4-IMG_0148.jpg

198-5-IMG_0151.jpg

As the pictures show, the ATN uses a double tape so it can be readjusted once if needed. When I applied the tapes, they didn't feel very strong but despite that, I didn't have any problems with them coming unstuck. These diapers lack any kind of landing zone but I didn't find this to be much of a problem. These have 3.5" (9cm) of plastic above the padding and lack an elastic waistband.

Performance

198-6-Photo_92.jpg

The packaging of the ATNs states that one diaper can absorb 812 mL or 27.5 oz. When I tested them, they held two wettings and leaked on the third. I tested the absorbency more thoroughly by slowly pouring water down the front of the diaper in 100mL increments and seeing how it held up. By doing that, I found that the diaper started leaking when I had poured 900mL of water into it. I also found that once the wetness began to spread to the back, sitting down immediately after wetting it caused some of the wetness to press out but this didn't happen after I had given the diaper a couple of minutes to absorb.

While these diapers are reasonably absorbent, an area which I found this diaper to be lacking was wicking. When I wet one of these diapers to the point where it started leaking heavily, the padding in the front was sagging towards the bottom of the diaper but most of the padding in the back was still dry.

The ATNs are quite thin when dry but swell up considerably when they get wet and they do a good job of keeping the wetness away from the skin. While they are thin, they're not exactly subtle since these diapers are very, very crinkly. If one of these diapers is worn in a place with no ambient noise, the crinkling sounds that this diaper makes will be noticeable.

Conclusion

198-7-Photo_21.jpg

Overall, I found these diapers to be somewhere between store brands and premium brands in terms of quality. The performance of these diapers isn't as good as that of an Abena X-Plus or a Bambino, but they're definitely superior to Depends or any generic store brand diaper. Also, unlike premium brands, they're carried at some medical supply stores which makes it possible to acquire them without having to order online.

wheelman21 said:
I never had a problem with ATNs. I use them nightly for bedwetting and I very very rarely have any issues.
This is my go to diaper for Nightime use and they are great at absorbing while I sleep deeply. My only rpoblem and I have complained to the company but out of every pack I buy there is at least one that has the tapes stuck inside the diaper so that it tears when you try to fix and lay them out. because I will not waste them I use white plastic tape to close them and fix the torn holes so they don't leak. These are made in the U.S. so I was told to complain to the Canadian distributor.

ADBabyj said:
Use some white ducktape for the bottom 2 tapes and they sell boosters for $10 on amazon. That will correct those issues.
They last me about 6 hours but I also use white tape to fix misplaced tapes and holes torn in them when I try to move the tabs stuck somewhere awkward.

I recently stopped using ATNs. I really like my diaper tight. The tapes seam to tear the plastic backing after a few hours. I always experienced a tape tab that was messed up in every package. Now wearing Abena M4s 🥰

It has likely been stated in this thread already, but I find the atn's are too narrow in the crotch. Compared to the tenas I normally use, the atn's feel like thongs lol

Otherwise they're better than most store brands if you can find them cheap enough. Love the crinkle they have though!

Reactions: KittyMerriweather, Angelapinks and SofiaInPampers
I remember my first experience with ATN s . I actually found them at a thrift store. I couldn’t wait for bed time that day
So after dinner I set my Pjs out on my bed and opened the package and once I felt the softness of the plastic I couldn’t wait to put them on but had to wait until after my bath
That was the hardest bath I just couldn’t wait
So it was probably the shortest bath ever so as I dried off and ran into my bedroom there they were sitting next to my pjs So I opened them up but still being damp I decided to sprinkle power inside the diaper Lots of power lol
Once I slipped them on and got the tabs set perfectly. Wow what a feeling !!
So I pulled my pj bottoms on which are sized smaller than what I should wear
I looked in the mirror and it was extremely visible that I was diapered
No issues that night but I didn’t want to take them off So I decided to slip on a nice firm girdle and go about my day

Reactions: MegaLugia and Angelapinks
I have one Tranquility ATN left and I think I will wear it with a booster to work tomorrow, covered with a pair of silk panties from Satin Maiden the USA (I think that's the name?)

Back