Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In-diapers-only incontinence

Default In-diapers-only incontinence

This might just be with me, but I'll start off by saying that I'm not traditionally incontinent. (Well, I do have a type of overflow incontinence, but that's beside the point. Not what I mean.) I can feel fully when I need to go. But now, because I have worn diapers so long and become accustomed to them, I can't really feel the urge to urinate when I am wearing diapers, it just goes. I'm not scared or anything, but I made this thread to ask if this is true with anyone else, as well. Is it common to become so accustomed to diapers that you are, in essence, incontinent when wearing them and normal when you are not, or is it just me? Is this harmful? Any response is appreciated.

I don't understand, you said you "can" feel when you need to go, but then you said you "can't"...Anyways, from reading the various "wearing diapers 24/7 to become incontinent myths", I remember it saying eventually you get to a point where you don't even realize you're wetting...so, maybe it is true?

As for me, I'm still very aware when I'm wetting, but sometimes I get suprised at night time.

You are most likely feeling very relaxed while wearing and you don't need to think about going as hard as you used to. It's just like when anyone wears for 24/7 for even 3 days, they think they don't have as much control as they did before they started but it's really just your body and mind tricking you into thinking that. Since your getting used to going whenever you need to.

It should never really affect you physically.

Quote Originally Posted by diapeybabybrian View Post
    I don't understand, you said you "can" feel when you need to go, but then you said you "can't"...Anyways, from reading the various "wearing diapers 24/7 to become incontinent myths", I remember it saying eventually you get to a point where you don't even realize you're wetting...so, maybe it is true?

As for me, I'm still very aware when I'm wetting, but sometimes I get suprised at night time.
    I can feel 100% fine when I'm not diapered. When I'm diapered I'm very relaxed and hardly feel it. Make any more sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    It should never really affect you physically.
    Well, unluss you're not holding it at all, ever. Because at least your bladder capacity would go down dramatically from never holding it to expand the capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovalchuk View Post
    I can feel 100% fine when I'm not diapered. When I'm diapered I'm very relaxed and hardly feel it. Make any more sense?
    Yes, but that definitely seems like a mind trick to me. IMO, you probably just are really used to wetting your diapers, and maybe even associate peeing with wearing a diaper, instead of the toilet (I think somewhere said that was a "diaper training" method).

Quote Originally Posted by BabyKat View Post
    Well, unluss you're not holding it at all, ever. Because at least your bladder capacity would go down dramatically from never holding it to expand the capacity.
    The problem with that is your body will naturally hold it in at night. Bed wetting could and/or would prevent that but that's a real medical condition.

Peachy

I think you still feel it, but your brain just signals "go" to your bladder and immediately erases the fact that you've given that command from your memory. It's a bit of what happens to me when I wear diapers to bed - I wake up, pee, go back to sleep and just delete that event from my memory. In the morning, I wake up wet and can't remember using my diaper.

Peachy

This might just be with me, but I'll start off by saying that I'm not traditionally incontinent. (Well, I do have a type of overflow incontinence, but that's beside the point. Not what I mean.) I can feel fully when I need to go. But now, because I have worn diapers so long and become accustomed to them, I can't really feel the urge to urinate when I am wearing diapers, it just goes. I'm not scared or anything, but I made this thread to ask if this is true with anyone else, as well. Is it common to become so accustomed to diapers that you are, in essence, incontinent when wearing them and normal when you are not, or is it just me? Is this harmful? Any response is appreciated.
    I'll vouch for this one cause it happens to me too. Let me see if I can explain it a little better. when not diapered, I have full control, I can feel when I'm getting fully and can continue to hold it even a long time after that. HOWEVER, if I have been in diapers for a couple hours, I still feel the pee in my bladder, but at the first sign of any filling, I pretty much void automatially. I'm fully able to stop if I wanted, but if not, i pretty much void automatically at the first sign of pee in my bladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    The problem with that is your body will naturally hold it in at night. Bed wetting could and/or would prevent that but that's a real medical condition.
    True. Though I've heard some stories of people who "taught" themselves nighttime urge incontinence or got that from using them right away, even in bed. And not everyone sleeps through the night without taking a pee, and won't always hold it. Even when everything was really fine as an older kid, I did still have to get up if I had to pee.