Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cloth diaper choices: velcro or pull on. Your thoughts?

Default Cloth diaper choices: velcro or pull on. Your thoughts?

Ok, so Im making the decesion to begn wearing at night. Ive made the decesion to with a cloth diaper, but am unsure of what style to choose. Im going to get either the velcro closure style, or a pull on style. just wondering what peoples experiences are with either. Pros/cons?? Im going to cover them with terry or flannel lined plastic pants.

Quote Originally Posted by DONeill73 View Post
    Ok, so Im making the decesion to begn wearing at night. Ive made the decesion to with a cloth diaper, but am unsure of what style to choose. Im going to get either the velcro closure style, or a pull on style. just wondering what peoples experiences are with either. Pros/cons?? Im going to cover them with terry or flannel lined plastic pants.
    I myself use the Dependeco AIO diapers. These have two Velcro tapes on a side. I find
    with these you can get them adjusted to the fit you want. I also use a stuffer pad with
    them for overnight use. These can get a little damp on the outer cover so I do recommend
    wearing some form of outer cover. I've used these now for over a year and found that my IC
    has changed somewhat in that I don't flood anymore. For the past 6 + plus months I've
    been able to get by without wearing a cover and no leaks.

I've never worn pull up style cloth so I can't comment on them.

thanks for responding. Have you ever had an issue of the velcro coming loose OFF of the diaper? with all the undoing and redoing of the velcro tabe have you ever had it come away, stitching come loose?

Quote Originally Posted by DONeill73 View Post
    thanks for responding. Have you ever had an issue of the velcro coming loose OFF of the diaper? with all the undoing and redoing of the velcro tabe have you ever had it come away, stitching come loose?
    I've never had the Velcro tapes come off or loosen up. I normally wear footie jammies over my diaper. I also can toss and turn a lot during the night.
    Also these AIO's have fold back laundry tabs so there's no chance of doing damage in the washer. Also here's the link. www.dependeco-adult-diapers.com

I'm pretty slim so Velcro helps for a good fit. Dependico makes high quality diapers so no issues yet withe the Velcro. I have had cheaper where the stitching would break on the Velcro.

I have some flannel diapers with Velcro closures. Over the years the Velcro takes a beating in the wash (gets lint and stuff stuck to it) so it's best to attach the Velcro closures to themselves when you wash them. Eventually the Velcro became useless and I just took it off and now I use pins to fasten them.

I use the pull-on style diaper pant for my bedwetting, and I like the pull-on pants from Babykins (adult size) or babypants.com (with the 4 layers). I use plastic pants over my diaper, usually the Gerber White PEVA pants from babypants.com. Other than being noisy (crinkles), I find them very good at not leaking. I have not used Velcro, but it sounds like those who use Velcro style like them. I think either style works OK; just get good quality ones.

"Eventually the Velcro became useless"

I know Velcro can wear out over time, and I know the stitching can come loose, all of this Im looking to avoid. The doing and undoing of Velcro is what causes them to wear out. But I want to be able to put the diaper on, and put the sides on, and make it nice and snug. With the pull on, that's it, no making it snug, unless I buy a size whose max size is close to mine.

My Preference is Velcro, I find that even though the velcro tends to gunk up over time, that the fit is far superior to the pull-ons. My experiences with the pull-ons left me waking up in many a wet bed.