Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Tried This?

Default Has Anyone Tried This?

I've seen a lot of people like to double or triple diaper themselves, some people really like not even being able to close their legs. So I had an idea. Has anyone ever done anything like this, I was thinking if getting a pack of every size of abenas, then putting on as many smalls as could fit, then as many mediums, then as many larges and then as many extra larges (and double extra large, but I forget if they make those). I would think by the end it would be massive, and if you cut through some of the first few diapers right you could probably have enough absorbency that you wouldn't need to take it off for a long time.
    It doesn't have to be with the abena brand obviously, but they have a good range of sizes so I used them as an example.
    If no one has tried this but someone has the supplies and wants to do it and share the results for science that would be great.

I don't think it would work that great, disposables are designed to not let moisture past the plastic back, so after you stack +3 or so, the rest are just for bulk. Now, you can use the same idea and throw on lots of cloth diapers.

kayley

Wearing bunches of diapers can be fun! =^.^=
    I love to wear multiple, or more often, multiple cloth diapers over a disposable. Needing to waddle to get around the house makes me happy!

But a booster pad + a good quality diaper like an Abena is going to hold more than you should need. Its not the rash danger, its the bacteria, fungus, and harmful chemicals like ammonia that form in old pee. Fresh pee is sterile, but old pee breaks down and becomes a petri dish for all kinds of nasty things to grow in just a couple of hours, releasing all kinds of fun byproducts like ammonia, that will burn your skin, letting those nasty growing things infect you.

Also, if you cut into a disposable, the stuffing and SAP will come out, and be a real big mess. Its best just to use booster pads.

=^.^=

I only done cloth diapers with a disposable over the top. This is when Attends started to be crap and wanted more absorbency

14 at the same time! Cottontail, I think you must be the reigning king of cloth diapers.

Sounds like it would be fun but I would hate to waste so many diapers.

Beyond a certain point it stops feeling like a real diaper and more like an unsuccessful restraint experiment. So you might find the maximum pleasure level is achieved with fewer diapers than it is theoretically possible to wear. I used to like doubles but the outer one doesn't get very wet, even that alone makes it feel phony. So now I stick to just one with boosters, as Kayley suggests, for functionality. I can't imagine getting much pleasure from a dozen once the immediate novelty has worn off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazang View Post
    I've seen a lot of people like to double or triple diaper themselves, some people really like not even being able to close their legs. So I had an idea. Has anyone ever done anything like this, I was thinking if getting a pack of every size of abenas, then putting on as many smalls as could fit, then as many mediums, then as many larges and then as many extra larges (and double extra large, but I forget if they make those). I would think by the end it would be massive, and if you cut through some of the first few diapers right you could probably have enough absorbency that you wouldn't need to take it off for a long time.
    It doesn't have to be with the abena brand obviously, but they have a good range of sizes so I used them as an example.
    If no one has tried this but someone has the supplies and wants to do it and share the results for science that would be great.
    It would be rather difficult to make use of all off those diapers. Even with slits in the plastic, it would take a long time for the liquid to get through the 2nd diaper and impossible to get to #3.

I would say to get cloth diapers instead. What I do is take 1 adult pre-fold, (on the larger side, I got mine from Baby-pants.) A dozen Gerber pre-folds or so, as long as it still fits in the diaper. I also use a bath towel sometimes as well. This combination is great and fulfills a bunch of things for me. Even though it's not a disposable (which I grew up on), it is still fun.

Along with plastic pants, a onesie, and other things of mine it's great. It's reusable so it's not a waste. I've been using it for a year now.

I stopped using double diapers as they were pretty expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxe View Post
    I can't imagine getting much pleasure from a dozen once the immediate novelty has worn off.
    Indeed. Double-diapering with prefolds was a common nighttime diapering tactic in my youth, and something my mom used to do on us. Wanting to emulate that experience when I got my adult prefolds, I reasoned that four of them would do -- similar proportion of diaper thickness to body size. It... was not comfortable.

I've since found that anything more than three is not too fun, and three is only really good for bedtime, when restricted movement is not as big a deal.