Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bedwetting and type 2 diabetes please help

Default Bedwetting and type 2 diabetes please help

Today I woke up and my pants and sheets are soaked yesterday I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes with a twist of problems all through last week I was wondering if any body has this or knows about it I'm 18 180lbs 6'1please help

go and see your doctor. and on your way home, buy a lot of diapers.
    so you can find out whether your bedwetting is because of the diabetes.
    seriously, now is not the time to be ashamed. now you first need to get help.

I started bedwetting again too when I was 18. and there are a lot of people out there with the same problem.

this could even be a one time thing because you need to learn how to deal with the diabetes. ( timely check and insulin injections... )

so no hesitation, just go to your doctor. let us know what he says.

I know having diabetes sucks but if you do not take care of it, you will pay for it dearly with your health, maybe not now but definitely later.

First thing first go to your doctors. I know it's embarrassing iv been there my self they see things everyday the are embarrassing. Start of by saying you have a problem and tell them you are embarrassed about it. You could even book an appointment with another doctor that you haven't seen before. It happens to me on and off my whole life you get use to it

With the diabetes go to your appointments and they will help you understand it I have had several friends over the years with it and I have been to appointments with one of them, he needed someone to help him with it. If you have a good friend that will do this for you it mite help you come to terms with it. I know it helped my mate alot to have someone that understood and could keep track of him some times. It's alot to take on but it will become easier to deal with in time

Best of luck my thoughts are with you

Were you soaked from peeing, or sweating? If you went low blood sugar while asleep, you would have sweated enough to have wet sheets. My wife is a type I diabetic, so I know. I hope you live with someone, should you have a problem. My wife suffers from neuropethy, so she can't feel if she is going low blood sugar. We have a glucose injection kit, so if she goes low suddenly, I can inject her to bring her blood sugar up.

Lushy9160

I would think that now would be the time to talk to your doctor bcuz there may be more serious problems behind this. Also, this is a big chance to stock up on good diapers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trathfelder105 View Post
    Today I woke up and my pants and sheets are soaked yesterday I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes with a twist of problems all through last week I was wondering if any body has this or knows about it I'm 18 180lbs 6'1please help
    First, see a doctor about this.

Second, yes, diabetes frequently leads to greatly increased urine output. As glucose levels increase in your blood your kidneys will go nuts filtering it out. If you tasted your urine it would probably even be sweet.

Be aware that this is a sign your blood sugar is being poorly controlled. This is one of your body's "oh shit" responses. It takes a lot of work to filter glucose from blood and over time this will lead to renal failure. Having one occurrence probably isn't anything to worry about but this can become serious if it's regular. This is a serious chronic condition you'll need to learn to manage.

Keep in mind I'm not saying this is due to diabetes; just that it can be. A lot of other conditions can lead to urinary incontinence and there's no way for me (or anyone else here) to say that you don't have another condition causing it.

If you tasted your urine it would probably even be sweet.

First lol but eww second thanks for all the support

This could be from a number of things like diabetic neuropathy, increased urine output, sleep apnea from the diabetic neuropathy.

type 2 diabetes at 18????

You need to be checked for latent autoimmune diabetes in adults. LADA type 1.5.

Your levels of diabetic meds may change rapidly and you will need them increased more often.

You also need to learn about carbs and how to and what carbs to eat and what carbs not to eat.
    this will take a lot of fingersticking two hours after eating some carbs because we all digest them at different rates.
    Some carbs like bleached white flour you can eat if you eat it with olive oil.

Oh, type 2 diapetes is nailing people at a younger and younger age these days, makes me wonder what's up with the American diet in general VS 30 years ago. I count myself among them.

Wow, at 18, and a normal weight too, I was DX'd after losing 75lb from 325lb in the space of 6 months.
    I was yelled at by a nurse for not taking care of it ?

If it is truly diabetes related, you might have had it awhile, I dunno. I can tell you though that when I'm running high blood sugar levels, liquids go right through me.

One learns to be very careful with carbs (not eliminate, but base it closely on energy expenditures) and, to a lesser degree, protein intake, fat seems to run slower for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bebehuey View Post
    One learns to be very careful with carbs (not eliminate, but base it closely on energy expenditures) and, to a lesser degree, protein intake, fat seems to run slower for me.
    simple sugars << complex sugars < fats < proteins << fiber/cellulose