Thread: Improvement for Dry 24/7

Default Improvement for Dry 24/7

Ello!

So I like the 24/7 diapers a great deal, they hold a lot, they swell up well, ad they have a very soft plastic backing, which I really like about them.

The one flaw I think they have however, is that the plastic is not a good adhesive for the tapes to stick to. Trying to get a tight fit will take several sticking, and sometimes the soft plastic rips. In the past I have fixed this by just sticking some large mailing tape over any rips, and using that to secure the diaper. This works fine, just takes another minute to undo the diaper while changing.

But did a little test over the last few days. Using the same mailing tape, I made a 'landing zone' for the diaper tabs. HUGE improvement. The two tapes stick together very well, you can even reapply a few times to boot. It held for a full 24 hours of activity, including a restless sleep where I moved around a lot.

I found the best places to place the landing zone is right below the elastic area at the waist line of the diaper, and right about an inch above where the hourglass figure of the diaper begins.

Anywho, thought you would like to know. have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Babymullet Ver 9.8 View Post
    But did a little test over the last few days. Using the same mailing tape, I made a 'landing zone' for the diaper tabs. HUGE improvement. The two tapes stick together very well, you can even reapply a few times to boot. It held for a full 24 hours of activity, including a restless sleep where I moved around a lot.

I found the best places to place the landing zone is right below the elastic area at the waist line of the diaper, and right about an inch above where the hourglass figure of the diaper begins.
    That's pretty much what printed Bamino's have and you can retape them a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    That's pretty much what printed Bamino's have and you can retape them a LOT.
    Pretty much, it just took me awhile to take 2 and 2 and get 4.

Yeah, that's the one downside is that out of the bag you have to really aim to get the tapes right the first time. The second layer tabs don't seem to hold too well unless they're back on top of the first layer. Fortunately I've found also, though that duct tape works pretty well on these diapers.

Though, these days I like to use an Abena body stocking and pajama pants. That lets it stay nice and snug even if the taping isn't perfect .

Nice idea on the landing zone though -- I do like that about Bambinos/Secure X-Plus. Though honestly, I'm too lazy to do that on every diaper myself .