Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awkward mobility in a diaper

Default Awkward mobility in a diaper

One of the big things that keeps me from wearing out much is that my body seems to have limited range of motion while I'm diapered. I can't twist of bend my body without worrying about strain on the diaper and fear of it coming loose or out of position due to the movements. I can barely bend over to tie my shoes because I feel like my diaper is going to fall apart. It's not a size issue because I'm a 32 so most mediums tend to start around that size. Does everyone have this issue? Any advice or should I quit worrying?

I would NEVER bend over more than 30% of your maximum reach... NEVER ... YOUR DIAPER WOULD EXPLODE!! and I'm not talking about a small explosion either... the SAP will corrode and a rapid chain reaction will start and well you're history.

Many tapes on diapers these days are pitiful, and if you like to be active while in a diaper, I've found that some sort of duct/packaging tape does wonders to reenforce weak tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan09 View Post
    Many tapes on diapers these days are pitiful, and if you like to be active while in a diaper, I've found that some sort of duct/packaging tape does wonders to reenforce weak tapes.
    Duct tape my diapers?
    Why not just tack them in place with an industrial nail-gun?
    Or try super-glue

Or hey wait... Put diaper on and fully epoxy my lower region with industrial grade 2k-epoxy... NOW THAT should give me the security I need.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm in the wrong place.

To make this an actual contribution by someone who relies on a number of IC Products daily:
    If you get the right size, if you get good quality - if you don't go too thick (yes if you wear full night-time protection during active movements... well lets just say that kind of garment wasn't designed with an active life-style in mind)....
    If you PUT IT ON Correctly. (not too tight. snug - but not too tight...) and if you wear some boxer briefs or sports compression shorts or whatever over them...
    you will have no problems...
    And needless to say... if you change frequently you reduce a number of issues in one take.

Tiburon

Try the sdks offered by Abu.

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    Duct tape my diapers?
    Why not just tack them in place with an industrial nail-gun?
    Or try super-glue

Or hey wait... Put diaper on and fully epoxy my lower region with industrial grade 2k-epoxy... NOW THAT should give me the security I need.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm in the wrong place.

To make this an actual contribution by someone who relies on a number of IC Products daily:
    If you get the right size, if you get good quality - if you don't go too thick (yes if you wear full night-time protection during active movements... well lets just say that kind of garment wasn't designed with an active life-style in mind)....
    If you PUT IT ON Correctly. (not too tight. snug - but not too tight...) and if you wear some boxer briefs or sports compression shorts or whatever over them...
    you will have no problems...
    And needless to say... if you change frequently you reduce a number of issues in one take.
    It doesn't matter to me how it's done.

The op said he's worried about tapes popping off while being active, and my personal interpretation of 'active' usually demands a little square inch patch of duct tape across the part of the tape that connects to the wing of the diaper. (I usually get the white tape for the hell of it, it's found by the decorative duct tape). You aren't wrapping an entire diaper in roll after roll of tape, it's just a tiny little patch X4 tapes.

Opinions are like assholes (everyone has one).

My best advice for the op would be simply to experiment a bit, and try out a few different things until you find something that suits you well.

I duct tape my diapers because I have no say in the matter usually about my range of motion because I need the padding to hold up when I get assaulted and not get in the way. I need to be able to move and duct tape is going to be used just on principle. There is no way a company can make a diaper that has tapes that can hold up to the kind of abuse I can throw at it unless they make a diaper with tapes that are even bigger then the ones on ABU cushies. I happen to be 6'6" tall and weigh 250 pounds so when I move there is a lot of force moving through my bones when I have to move fast. No amount of skill on anyone's part when it comes to getting padded up is going to make the tapes hold if I get jumped again. I have been through a few machines that measures just how much force actually goes through my body when I have to move fast and it became obvious why I have naturally obvious bone density that is roughly 1.8 times harder then a normal person(this was 7 years ago so I might have lost some bone density since then and just not know it). So yeah duct tape is going to be a necessity because the last thing I need to be concerned about is my choice of undergarment getting in the way when I have to avoid getting stabbed to death.

I would recommend that you try some diapers from ABUniverse someguy26. Those single tape diapers they have might hold up better although performance and noise might be an issue. I would jsut suggest you get any diaper you like and then use tape of some description anyways. there's even places that sell tape with prints on them. here's a link if your into that actually and in fact it might even be fun if your into the artistic part of AB/DLism.

Diaper Tapes 50 Pieces Adult Baby Prints by ToddlerForever

of course someguy26 you could just go to any store that sells good old fashioned duct tape or any tape your imagination can come up with and fix the problem that way. This is of course your own prerogative. I just wanted to throw some options out there. Also ABUniverse has a link for tapes like that too.

I find that my onesie goes a long to keeping things in place when I have to move around a fair bit.

Alright I just found a site that specializes in selling AB/DL tape and it just happens to be owned by someone who was banned from ADISC and I just edited that link out before anything else went wrong so please for the love of god not bring up the name of the person that might have owned that site provided you happen to know who and what i'm talking about.

I just use white duct tape to reinforce the tabs. Packing tape works on some diapers, but on others it seems like it doesn't hold