Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Had to Ask This...

Default I Had to Ask This...

Who Else, due to any number of factors (Location, $$$, Convienience), Exclusively use Home-made Diapers at this time?

I have never seen anyone else mention that they cannot purchase commercially made diapers so must use homemade diapers for recreational purposes. So I just had to ask If I'm the only one.

Tigger

Nono, I used to have to make my own. I still occasionally do when I'm poor or desperate.

I don't anymore, but I remember one summer when I did that all the time.

Tigger

Oh, I had to google "Australian rat plague" btw

There are many ways Lizzie. And I too, used to make them all the time, however, I haven't had to do that in a long time.

Tigger

I have the best way of making them!! If I had all the stuff to make one and a digital camera I'd do a wiki on it. Maybe tomorrow, I can borrow my sisters camera and I can buy any stuff I need when I do the food shoppin.

Haha, oh wow, that question brings back old memories from my "DL Dark Ages". I remember in my younger years (8-13ish) putting on multiple pairs of tighty-whities, aka breifs (like 5-6 pairs), with a few pairs thick winter socks between each pair. Then I'd take a clear plastic bag, cut it so it was kinda shaped like the outside of a diaper, and then kinda tuck it around the makeshift diaper into the first pair and then reinforce it with some tape.

Yeah, embarrassing, I know. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth View Post
    Haha, oh wow, that question brings back old memories from my "DL Dark Ages". I remember in my younger years (8-13ish) putting on multiple pairs of tighty-whities, aka breifs (like 5-6 pairs), with a few pairs thick winter socks between each pair. Then I'd take a clear plastic bag, cut it so it was kinda shaped like the outside of a diaper, and then kinda tuck it around the makeshift diaper into the first pair and then reinforce it with some tape.

Yeah, embarrassing, I know. >.<
    Interesting I had an invention very similar Yawgmoth. When i was 12 I invented a home made diaper that consisted of 8 pairs of whittie tighties (mens briefs) and would put the biggest and most absorbant Always maxi pad on the most inside and with one directly behind it on the butt. When I was young doing this (have not done it for 7 years about) it never leaked on me. It was super efficent and I have used the same design for girls using cotton panties instead of briefs, still with pads of course. Most of them that tried it enjoyed it, and thought it worked really well.

Woah, home-made diapers, that brings back some memories.

Well, I had several patterns. Most of them, at the very least, took three felt blankets folded into simple rectangles, then folded on top of each other. Using about half a roll of duct tape to secure, and then a plastic bag to prevent any leaks.

I only did it when I had long time when i was home alone.