Thread: baby formula

Default baby formula

I just bought some baby formula last week and Its actually not that bad I bought similac go and grow formula I don't really care for it that much but I do like similac advance formula better I also have a new bottle that I drink out of which I really enjoy I can be sipping on my formula while wearing a diaper

I believe you may want to be careful indulging in too much formula. Baby's nutritional needs are different than that of a adult you could be consuming iron and other such nutrients in does that are much higher than the recommended daily intake. this could lead to some health issues The U.S. Food and Drug Administration defines an intake of up to 45 milligrams of iron per day as safe. A severe overdose of iron occurs when the amount of iron is 50 to 100 times more than the recommended dietary dose. Such high levels of iron destroy cells in the gastrointestinal tract, causing vomiting, bloody diarrhea and at times death.
    While I doubt you would get to these levels you may want to consider a bottle of milk for some comfort.

Guess it would be really bad for me then, as I have hemochromatosis. Though I hear it tastes horrible anyway. Not that I could drink it much anyway with no funds, and all the cheap stuff is what people have called horrible.

What does it taste like? Is it very reminiscent of milk, or different? I am not courageous enough to buy a tub for myself. I wouldn't want to be left with a whole pack of it.

Quote Originally Posted by henni View Post
    What does it taste like? Is it very reminiscent of milk, or different? I am not courageous enough to buy a tub for myself. I wouldn't want to be left with a whole pack of it.
    it basically has a bitter taste but I only drink in moderation I might get rid of it soon because I don't really care for the taste so I wouldn't buy it if I were you I'm learning now that its a waste of money

I learned powdered sugar and milk works as a good substitute.

It takes just like the last gulp of milk after a bowl of frosted flakes.

Do powder milk same thing as baby formula just add water.

I didn't think I'd like it but I was curious so I bought some Cow & Gate and gave it a try. I was expecting it to taste disgusting so I was surprised when I found that I quite enjoyed it. To me it tastes like shortbread