Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you feel more Little when you're sick?

Default Do you feel more Little when you're sick?

I'm sick right now (just a cold, nothing major) and I notice that I feel younger than usual. I find myself wanting my baby things more intensely/more frequently than usual. (Of course, the problem there being that with a stuffy nose, a pacifier or bottle is out of the question.)

Does anyone else feel smaller when sick?

I'm definitely one of those who feels little when I'm ill. In fact a couple of months ago I had a bug and was in bed for a couple of days and I obviously wasn't thinking straight because I decided I wanted my dummy. Fortunately neither of my parents came in my room for the 4 or 5 hours I spent in the afternoon in and out of consciousness. I do remember not caring if I was seen at the time but I am so glad now that I wasn't. Pheeeeew.....

If anything, it's less so when I'm sick. I think it's enough work just existing when I'm sick and I'm not looking to increase my enjoyment but just get by. That's one of my tells for getting better is that my interest starts increasing.

I want my baby stuff more when I'm not feeling good.I always want my blankey and my stuffed giraffe

I've been home sick with the flu for the past week and I've been cuddling more with my plushies. I've wanted my pacifier but in the early days it was out of the question. Back to work tomorrow, so I'll be missing my cuddles during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by 11hinzvic View Post
    I've been home sick with the flu for the past week and I've been cuddling more with my plushies. I've wanted my pacifier but in the early days it was out of the question. Back to work tomorrow, so I'll be missing my cuddles during the day.
    I totally get the need for a paci. I usually sleep with mine, but I'm just too stuffy for it. Cuddling more with plushies is a good idea to make up for it, though!

Feel better soon, KatieBear and 11hinzvic!

I feel littler when I'm sick, too. I usually just make a blanket burrito and cuddle with my stuffed animals until it all goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by KatieBear View Post
    I'm sick right now (just a cold, nothing major) and I notice that I feel younger than usual. I find myself wanting my baby things more intensely/more frequently than usual. (Of course, the problem there being that with a stuffy nose, a pacifier or bottle is out of the question.)

Does anyone else feel smaller when sick?
    *brings KatieBear and others some hot herbal broth*

Little, LG in particular...isn't a go to space, but a come from place for me ...it's really always with me.

When I'm really tired or sick, I just get very inert...I don't tend to feel small as much as rather nondescript...

I could see choosing my Princess footies, over the snowmen one for a bit of cheer though...

Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon!
    -Marka

I'm afraid I'm more like Trevor and Marka when I get sick. I just want to sleep it out and get over it. I will sleep with my plushies, however, hugging my big teddy bear.

No, I got annoyed easily when I am sick, I don't know why but as some of you said I just want to get over the illness. It's like a switch. On hold until I feel better.