Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't most family members really know?

Tiburon

Default Don't most family members really know?

Just a thought...from reading many posts it appears that most family members have an inkling that you wear diapers. If so, why are most quiet on the subject? It seems that wearing diapers would at least raise questions on their part.....

I don't think most do really know, but it does seem like when they find out, they don't like to talk about it much, unless they are the type that want to 'cure' you, then they will bother you about it. If you have somebody supportive, then they are happy enough to discuss it with you, but not usually unless you engage them about it. So, yeah, i'd say that they are probably just quiet on the subject.

I'm almost certain my mom knows. She's never said anything about it but has moved my stash to hide it a bit better. I think she moved my nuk 5 and I almost want to ask her what she did with it because I haven't seen it in a couple weeks.

I heard something about this somewhere, but I forget the big fancy terminology. Basically though there is a difference between really thinking you know of something and knowing you know it. Telling someone else removes all doubt and confusion from the equation, both parties know and both parties know the other party knows. However when it's not outright spoken there leaves some doubt, even if both parties know, they still might both have doubts if the other party knows they know.

Obviously the wording it's EXACTLY the same for this situation, but I believe it's related to that. It's still easier to just ignore it until it's directly spoken. It's a human thing.

Also the obvious, "There really is no reason for your family member to become involved anyway so why tell them?" that applies to family like parents and the etc.

Oh, Crap, My entire family knows! well, the ones I interact with on a fairly regular basis know I haven't NOT been diapered in more than a decade. My dad I think, suspects, from my teenage days (over 2 decades now) but he hasn't mentioned it (see above post). not that I speak with him more than once in about 5 years or so, and havent seen him for about 15 years or so

Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
    . If so, why are most quiet on the subject? It seems that wearing diapers would at least raise questions on their part.....
    Because it's none of their concern?

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Exactly this. I know my parents found a few diapers one night and I'm sure they know I have a few sleepers.

But they don't care since it's never been brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Yeah, that's what I think every time a thread like this pops up. I don't want to know about what my dad does in his privacy, and he doesn't need to know what I do, whether or not he has an idea of what goes on.

And then there's the other side. When my mom found out she sent me to a shrink. As far as I was concerned, there was too much discussion. All I wanted to do was crawl under a big rock.

Years ago, I thought my wife more or less suspected. I assumed she chose not to discuss it. I was wrong. When she discovered my diaper order on Amazon, it was the first she had any idea. Fortunately, she has been both understanding and supportive.

I figured it was like my sexual orientation, my business.