Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: The army now opens a clearance sale of MRAP(Sort of armoured truck)

  1. #1

    Default The army now opens a clearance sale of MRAP(Sort of armoured truck)

    The Pentagon Is Throwing A Free Army Truck Giveaway!

    So after the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq US Army is busy packing some stuff back onto US and one of them is a Mine Resistance Ambush Protected Vehicle or MRAP. This type of vehicle was born out of necessity. Because insurgents were keen on planting mines(ex army or homemade stuff) and troops in Humvee is a prey and eventually casualties mounted and MRAP was introduced. It did does a good job of saving soldiers life but after the war there is too many of them.

    So what the Government plans as a budget saving measure is to re-distribute them to other place. At first foreign sales is considered but the market for MRAP isn't that big. Personally I think that the only market is either UN peace keeping troops or A country in war which US isn't keen to sell it. Like Egypt for example. So in the end almost 4000 MRAPs were planned to be distribute to Police force. For SWAT perhaps. This seems to be great idea. Since MRAP is very expensive. Dismantling them isn't effective and they are quite expensive to maintain so the Army didn't want to keep thew in large number.

    But then a problem arise. Citizens sees this view more like police is becoming militarized these days. And peoples just afraid that police will become brutal force like in China or former USSR. This is what I wanted to ask. As a citizen what do you think of this move? Not just in US but imagine this happened in your country

    Police Acquisition Of Army Vehicle Enrages Internet Commenters

  2. #2

    Default

    The MRAP is an excellent vehicle for SWAT, Homeland Security, and disaster response units. Compton, California, should receive a dozen to use as patrol cars. The rugged off-road capability can drive through any debri field or Honda while protecting the occupants. Hostile small-arms fire would not threaten police officer lives. Houston just replaced their previous armored vehicle with a new one using private funds; they like heavy armor for knocking down doors for drug busts. I applaud efforts to protect those who pledge their lives to protect and serve. Besides, the military is giving them away basically free to any agency who wants one; some police chiefs will procure one just for the opportunity to test drive one. Why not?

    The better question is why you would want to live where such vehicles are necessary?

  3. #3

    Default

    Heck I'll take one...!

    Sure they probably aren't great on gas mileage, but c'mon!

    I live right next door to Fort Knox, where (until recently) almost all the the armored elements in the US military were trained at. Hearing Abrams tanks firing out on the range nearby for years and years caused me to suffer from a severe case of Armor-envy as a kid...

    MRAP please!

  4. #4

    Default

    haha...yeah, I'll take one too. I keep asking my wife for a used dump truck every Christmas. We live on a small, hilly and winding road, and cars are constantly going too fast on it, drifting into the on-coming lane. I'd like a big dump truck to scare the crap out of them when I don't get out of their way. I think I'll wait for an M-1 tank to go on sale, one that is fully armed. That should get them back into their lane.

  5. #5

    Default The army now opens a clearance sale of MRAP(Sort of armoured truck)



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    haha...yeah, I'll take one too. I keep asking my wife for a used dump truck every Christmas. We live on a small, hilly and winding road, and cars are constantly going too fast on it, drifting into the on-coming lane. I'd like a big dump truck to scare the crap out of them when I don't get out of their way. I think I'll wait for an M-1 tank to go on sale, one that is fully armed. That should get them back into their lane.
    Honestly, the way people drive out here? I'm not 100% sure even a loaded 120mm cannon would convince them to use those mysterious 'turn-signal-like devices' or even drive better at all.

    Maybe in the future the government will have a raffle on helos.

  6. #6

    Default

    Oh the irony. Last night while in bed, I heard this sound outside, like "crump". I got up and looked out, but saw nothing. This morning I saw my mailbox in my neighbors yard along with the skid marks across what had been my lawn, made by some drunk driver going way to fast around the curve in front of my house.

    So, another thing I'd like to buy are big steel tank traps. I'd line them on the front of my lawn by the curve, then wait for the first drunk to hit one of those.

  7. #7

    Default

    Ahh, looks like the local sheriff is going to upgrade his BearCat. Maybe he'll use it to finally serve warrants on a couple of his officers (very dirty, and VERY HEAVILY ARMED).

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Oh the irony. Last night while in bed, I heard this sound outside, like "crump". I got up and looked out, but saw nothing. This morning I saw my mailbox in my neighbors yard along with the skid marks across what had been my lawn, made by some drunk driver going way to fast around the curve in front of my house.

    So, another thing I'd like to buy are big steel tank traps. I'd line them on the front of my lawn by the curve, then wait for the first drunk to hit one of those.
    Boy don't I wish. We have the same problem around here. One guy built a brick and reinforced concrete post to hold his.
    The county road Dept. came by and told him he had to take it down because someone might get hurt if they hit it.
    Go figure.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Ringer View Post
    Boy don't I wish. We have the same problem around here. One guy built a brick and reinforced concrete post to hold his.
    The county road Dept. came by and told him he had to take it down because someone might get hurt if they hit it.
    Go figure.
    Haha...yeah really! Maybe the road department should then have to take down all the telephone poles! I also was thinking about buying a telephone pole and getting a well digging company to sink all but four feet of it below ground. Wouldn't that make a formidable mailbox pole.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Haha...yeah really! Maybe the road department should then have to take down all the telephone poles! I also was thinking about buying a telephone pole and getting a well digging company to sink all but four feet of it below ground. Wouldn't that make a formidable mailbox pole.
    That's actually a brilliant idea! It probably WOULD take an armored MRAP to take out something like that, come to think of it. xD

Similar Threads

  1. Pampers on clearance at Target stores
    By Cottontail in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-Nov-2011, 07:48
  2. Tesco Clearance
    By PampersboyLondon in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-Jul-2011, 21:45
  3. Walgreen's Briefs on Clearance
    By MeTaLMaNN1983 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-Jul-2011, 04:00
  4. Goodnites boxers on clearance at Target
    By artichoke in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-Jan-2010, 20:33
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 21-Jun-2008, 10:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.