Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What defines an "Adult Baby"? Am I one?

Default What defines an "Adult Baby"? Am I one?

I am starting to wonder if I am even an AB at all. I have posted numerous threads about similar subjects over the years but not quite on this particular subject.

I don't regress often or possibly at all, I have trouble with getting into the head space and relaxing enough to do it. One reason may be that I do like to be an adult in many ways. I love my plushie, blankie, footie pajamas, occasionally wearing diapers, and I also love to sleep with my paci when my nose isn't stopped up, sometimes I even like to use my bottle, but I don't use it often. So do I sound like I am an AB or do I just have some AB tendencies?

Quote Originally Posted by LittlePony View Post

I love my plushie, blankie, footie pajamas, occasionally wearing diapers, and I also love to sleep with my paci when my nose isn't stopped up, sometimes I even like to use my bottle, but I don't use it often. So do I sound like I am an AB or do I just have some AB tendencies?
    What would you call yourself if not an AB. You seem to fit the profile, tendencies or not, if you have and use these things, you are regressing one way or another.

I fought it for a long time. Now I am okay with calling myself an AB. I prefer "little" because it's a broader term and covers all of my regressive traits. I don't often go as far back as infancy. But, I don't mind AB. Why do you think it doesn't apply?

Well definitions are definitions. You choose to define yourself as an AB or DL or both.

If you do enjoy ageplay or regression once in a while, I'd consider you an AB. Extent may vary, but you are still an AB.
    Obviously if you like wearing diapers, then you are a DL.

I guess I would have to ask, why do you enjoy plushies, a paci, footed jammies, and other babyish trappings? They normally invoke babyish feelings. They certainly do for me, so I would guess that you have AB tendencies at the very least.

Do you enjoy it ? Why label it ? Like you I enjoy footed pajamas and maybe a bottle besides diapers, so I consider myself as an AB, but is that important, it's just a definition, it may vary

I think you might me over thinking it. You are who you are. Labels are just labels From what I hear you sound like one to me. I find it hard to go into a baby's mind, but i'm still an AB because I enjoy baby things like clothes, diapers, plushies, being talked to like a baby, and of coarse cuddles!

I'm interested in this topic as well because I've never felt like I was a AB or DL but more like a mix of both. On one hand it has very much to do with sexual feelings, not all the time but a high percentage of it. Thinking about diapers or wearing one triggers that but so does regressing or feeling little or a toddler.

So it's like I'm an AB because I'm drawn to babyish things and feelings but also a DL because that drawn can also be arousing. Anyone feel the same way?

Btw, like the op I too like to be an adult, I identify as an adult. But not one who has childish traits or as I've seen written is a baby trapped in an adult body or something like that. I don't feel like that at all, I just enjoy going back to things and feelings that belong in babyhood, pretend occasionaly that I'm a toddler again.

Quote Originally Posted by MattiKins View Post
    I fought it for a long time. Now I am okay with calling myself an AB. I prefer "little" because it's a broader term and covers all of my regressive traits. I don't often go as far back as infancy. But, I don't mind AB. Why do you think it doesn't apply?
    I guess I wonder if the label "AB" or "little" doesn't apply because I am rarely or possibly never in a regressed mind set when I am relaxing. I still think about adult things and adult worries when I'm all comforted and cuddly in my diaper, footie pajamas, with my plushie, and using my paci. I don't try to regress, I just find comfort in wearing and using those physical items I listed.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I guess I would have to ask, why do you enjoy plushies, a paci, footed jammies, and other babyish trappings? They normally invoke babyish feelings. They certainly do for me, so I would guess that you have AB tendencies at the very least.
    I don't really have babyish feelings as far as I can tell. I just get comfort from all of my little stuff like I said above and I am still in an adult mindset.

I will say that since I have a lot of trouble calming down and relaxing a lot of the time I have to take sleep meds. I take a pretty hefty dose of Seroquel to fall asleep at night and when I am still awake while cuddling and with all my little stuff I do focus mostly on the basic necessities. Basic necessities such as wanting to feel safe, comfortable, and cozy/ cuddly.

With all that said, do I sound like an AB? If I am an AB then I don't care, I'd take pride in it. I'm just curious.