Thread: masculinity/faminine and humanism

Question masculinity/faminine and humanism

I know that there are those of you who like the name sissy or like the term feminism. I understand it is how we identify each other but I often times think that we take this label way too seriously. I think we should embrace our abilities of our gender.I don't think I should suppress my ability to be strong or the ability to have a soft heart and a little side.

Don't get me wrong I love both sides and for the longest time I hated the idea of how a man should act. Today I thought about it and really I just want to be who I am whether than a label. Labels are fine its the association that goes with it.

Like "Oh your a cross dresser?! You must be a sick pervert." This statement is not only untrue but is the common thought among people. How do you live your life as a cross dresser or AB/DL? I would like to know how you view yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MLPPebble
    I know that there are those of you who like the name sissy or like the term feminism. feminine
    Fixed that for you.

...each other but I often times think that we take this label way too seriously. I think we should embrace our abilities of our gender.I don't think I should suppress my ability to be strong or the ability to have a soft heart and a little side.
    What do you mean "way to seriously?". To be honest with you, I don't think you quite understand gender expression as a whole with that last statement.

Most importantly, I view myself positively. On a personal level, AB/DL is simply an adjective on one aspect of my desires.

You know you bring up a great point. I really did not think of it as gender expression. I think of it more of trying too hard to be something you want to be. Perhaps there is a healthy side to expressing yourself in a feminine way. Thanks for being honest. I am sorry if I offended you but I really appreciate your insight.

Use of the term "sissy" seems pretty clear to me as an attempt to reclaim and own a derisive word. Considering that it is employed by a subset of the community who are most often energized by embarrassment or humiliation, there's probably no more appropriate word available.

As for the rest, just try to be a good person and not worry so much about man vs. woman. I'm decidedly male that doesn't mean every decision or even that many are evaluated in terms of my maleness. Roles can be helpful but it's your life.

Quote Originally Posted by MLPPebble View Post
    You know you bring up a great point. I really did not think of it as gender expression. I think of it more of trying too hard to be something you want to be. Perhaps there is a healthy side to expressing yourself in a feminine way. Thanks for being honest. I am sorry if I offended you but I really appreciate your insight.
    You can have some feminine qualities and still be a man. You can have masculine qualities and still be a woman. Or you can eschew it all together.

I wrote a helpful piece on the subject: http://www.adisc.org/forum/content/2...male-self.html