Thread: Are there any places to get decent pacifiers closer to the ~10$ range than the 20+$ range?

Default Are there any places to get decent pacifiers closer to the ~10$ range than the 20+$ range?

I've been shoping around in a couple locations - Retailers of custom nuk paci's seem to be at a pretty steep price range. Is that just the status quo for all adult-sized pacifiers, or is there something different?

Quote Originally Posted by Claw View Post
    I've been shoping around in a couple locations - Retailers of custom nuk paci's seem to be at a pretty steep price range. Is that just the status quo for all adult-sized pacifiers, or is there something different?
    $20 is pretty much the cheapest if you are getting an adult pacifier (nuk5).

To answer your question: I don't think so. This is the least expensive place that I'm aware of: Nuk 5 Pacifier Nuk-p Ab Dl Favorites Adult Size Nuk-5 Pacifier Not Available in Stores *Large White Plastic Shield Genuine Nuk Brand Medic-pro Large Imported Directly from for US customers. They're a serious company that's been in business for years and it's the best deal you're likely to see. It's not as if pacifiers are single use items. You can get a lot of value out of your $15.95.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    To answer your question: I don't think so. This is the least expensive place that I'm aware of: Nuk 5 Pacifier Nuk-p Ab Dl Favorites Adult Size Nuk-5 Pacifier Not Available in Stores *Large White Plastic Shield Genuine Nuk Brand Medic-pro Large Imported Directly from for US customers. They're a serious company that's been in business for years and it's the best deal you're likely to see. It's not as if pacifiers are single use items. You can get a lot of value out of your $15.95.
    I used fetware to get my current Nuk 5 one of the cheapest I bought and after boiling it, it was fine. With care and air tight storage they easily last over a year.

I also got my Nuk5 from fetware, and have not seen any pacis that are larger for under $40. I really need a larger one though. If you find any larger ones for a good price, go for it.

yeah, excluding shipping, $16 is about as best you can hope for. In fact, or at least to my knowledge, that fetware link is the cheapest out there. Perhaps look into stickers or something if you want it to be less grown-up looking? (for a paci)

That's pretty much the best case situation you can hope for unless you lower your goals to a toddler paci, which just isn't the same in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTDL View Post
    I also got my Nuk5 from fetware, and have not seen any pacis that are larger for under $40. I really need a larger one though. If you find any larger ones for a good price, go for it.
    The only larger ones would be the custom ones from pacifiers r us. But I see them as a medical device and the very nature of them being in your mouth a lot. I wouldn't trust some people making them at their house in their garage, den, whatever.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm gathering that there's not much 'good' on the market that isn't a NUK brand

Quote Originally Posted by trevor1993 View Post
    they should lower the price becuse so few want them
    Not quite how it works. Since they're coming from Germany, the cost is going to go up. If enough people wanted them, maybe companies here would see the opportunity and make their own adult pacifiers. If they didn't have to be imported, we might see prices more like Germany, which are around $5. Unfortunately, I don't see these becoming either popular or more medically necessary, so they are likely to remain an overpriced item outside Europe, at least until further strides are made in 3-D printing.