Thread: Nightlife

Default Nightlife

So you have the night at your disposal, are you going to the club? Bars? Out to dinner? Movie night? What does everyone do for social fun?

I'm a big fan nightclubs, but I like to play pool at dive bars as well. There's also this bar that has a ping pong table that we frequent and that promotes some really fun drinking games. Paddle Pong (Dartmouth rules.)) - YouTube It's similar to that, but we play with single 9 oz cups which makes the game more difficult and we play to 21. So much fun though!

PaddedPuppy

Night LIFE? Nope, I have night death. I go to bed and sleep! Seriously I have real trouble staying up very late so usually end up in bed before things like this are taking place.
    (Sorry to give such a boring response)

I tend to avoid the nightclub thing.

There's lot of really good local music here and some nice historic bars (I really go for the whole historical ambience). Beyond that I like to play pool (was in a league, no longer), bowling with the right group (yeah yeah I know.. it's not _that_ lame), and sometimes just hang at a friends place and watch a movie (one friend in particular has the whole home theatre thing going in his basement) or even play board games (ok, yes, fine, I am a geek).

Beyond that, I'll just hang at home and play minecraft or browse the web (little bit of meta there, as it's 3:45am my time).

I prefer pubs to nightclubs, unfortunately none of my friends agree. Saying that my town doesn't have any good nightclubs. House partys are good too.

I've switched up my nightlife considerably in the last year. I did the whole clubbing thing and because of traveling, I got to see some really cool clubs in different places, though I've not gone to one in awhile. I loooove clubs all the same, though. I mean, c'mooooon! Socializing, music, and dancing all in one place? Uh.... Duh. Sign me up. d:

Lately, however, I've been a couch mouse. It's definitely not as fun and I don't like being home all the time, but it works out. I'm able to focus on some hobbies I've been abandoning, so that's coooooool. <^.^7

Been there and done that in my younger days. Nowadays I'm in bed by 9:30. Got to old for the nightlife.

When I was in college, there was a bar in Seaside Heights (Jersey Shore) that had the best bar band in the world (perhaps an exaggeration). Later in my life I would play keyboard for a great band, so once again I was in the clubs, but as part of the entertainment, rather than being entertained. Now, a good night consists of going out to a restaurant.

I don't have much of a life in general. I live in the middle of nowhere, North Carolina. I'm a half hour from the grocery store, and most of my friends are either just as far or further away, or are married and don't have much time for anything.

That will change once I move out though!

Quote Originally Posted by PaddedPuppy View Post
    Night LIFE? Nope, I have night death. I go to bed and sleep! Seriously I have real trouble staying up very late so usually end up in bed before things like this are taking place.
    (Sorry to give such a boring response)
    I'm the same. I like my sleep. If I don't get like 9 hours, I'm tired the next day.

I'm not much of a bar / club kind of person. There is too much smoking in them, and I can't stand the smoke. It makes me cough and gag, and then my clothes reek even after several washings. Plus I couldn't really enjoy the bars much anyway. The closest one to me is more than 30 minutes away, and I doubt I'd be able to get a DD to bring me back to my house. On the rare occasions when I do go to a bar for someone's birthday, I don't stay long, and don't drink.

I guess for me, if I was going to do something for my evening, it might involve a movie; or maybe just staying in the house. Staying home is how I spend most of my evenings anyway.