Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bambino diapers/frustrated, help.

Default Bambino diapers/frustrated, help.

Ok so I'm running out of medium diapers. I buy from Bambino and they have been out some time. I'm starting to freak out because I can't go without. Does anyone know where I can get some in the mean time. I'm willing to buy them at the same cost. eBay and on line services are way to expensive.
    They do have the Abenas M4, I'm thinking of trying those to hold me over. What your thoughts compared to the Bellissimo orTeddys is what I usually wear.

Thanks for any feed back!

RootBeer8900

The bellissimos are still my favorites for fit and capacity, but the M4's are still really good. Give them a shot!

Teddies and Bellissimo and my fav diapers too.
    M4 break up easy tho for short time wear they are fine.
    Molicare super plus they carry are nice too. I'm using these till they restock.

Supposedly, the get restocked the week of Jan 27th.
    Not sure if you can hold out till then.

Default Bambino diapers/frustrated, help.

They've pushed the restocking date back twice now, so rest assured that you're not the only one feeling the frustration.

The most annoying part for me has been the ridiculously small amount of info/explanation they've put out so far, as well as the frustrating fact that this happen ALL THE TIME with bambino (constantly running out of stock).

I'd hoped they might eventually learn some sort of a lesson to avoid this problem in the future...but honestly at this rate I doubt they ever will.

Bambino tends to have occasional stocking issues. Always have a backup brand if you wear for need. My usual go-to alternative has been Abena M4 (comparable to a Teddy/Bianco/Classico in absorbency). Also, there's the Secure or Total Dry X-Plus, which is basically identical to a Bambino--but those are out of stock on both the Bambino and Secure site for size medium. I decided to try the Tena Slip Maxi (both Bambino and XP Medical sell them) this time because I like having a refastenable taping panel. The tapes of the Abena M4 are OK but start to fail after multiple refastenings.

Unfortunately, nothing really compares to the Bellissimo except the Dry 24/7, which has been out of stock for ages. Just use a stuffer if more absorbency is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan09 View Post
    They've pushed the restocking date back twice now, so rest assured that you're not the only one feeling the frustration.

The most annoying part for me has been the ridiculously small amount of info/explanation they've put out so far, as well as the frustrating fact that this happen ALL THE TIME with bambino (constantly running out of stock).

I'd hoped they might eventually learn some sort of a lesson to avoid this problem in the future...but honestly at this rate I doubt they ever will.
    Please remember that this is a NICHE business, not a mass market business. This a not a mass produced product, as obviously ABDL diapers appeal to a very small and specific market. Therefore, they're going to run out, because in the quantity that they have to order, it's going to take some time to make their money back to be secure enough to make more.

It's amazing that you guys can't just be happy that we have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiPad89 View Post
    Please remember that this is a NICHE business, not a mass market business. This a not a mass produced product, as obviously ABDL diapers appeal to a very small and specific market. Therefore, they're going to run out, because in the quantity that they have to order, it's going to take some time to make their money back to be secure enough to make more.

It's amazing that you guys can't just be happy that we have nice things.
    I know what you mean. If I had a time machine to be able to go back and tell myself in the past that we'd have such amazing diapers...well, first of all I'd be telling myself more important things. However, when the important stuff was out of the way, lil' Trevor's mind would be blown by the opportunities in the fabulous, far flung future. I do wish that companies would be a little more transparent about what's going on but I see it as a relatively minor matter.

With Bambino being out of stock, I would go for the ABU SDKs (Super Dry Kids). Some folks here may hate them, but my latest stock of Bambinos has quality control problems that the SDKs don't have. Taking out a package of Classicos, some of the diapers were inserted the wrong way, one opposite the other carelessly, and in haste. The ABUniverse SDKs, on the other hand, were uniform with a clean-pressed look. The Bambino standing leak barriers will work properly, but you have to run your hand along them, to make sure they separate from the lining. The SDKs will extend themselves, just like the Pampers they were modeled after.

Compared to Abena, I give Bambino a plus for holding up reasonably well, and not clumping after a period of time, and they do have good absorbency and usually won't leak if set up properly. Abenas tend to resist leaks better and have comparable absorbency to the Bambinos. The SDKs tend to be a bit on the thin side, but have a nice stiffness to them that helps minimize the "underwear" like feel of other products. I have also found the SDK liner to be considerably softer than today's Luvs or Pampers. And finally, I have found that I can actually trust them over anything offered by Attends, Depend, Prevail, Covidien, or even Tranquility. None of the SDKs have leaked on me so far. Get them if you are willing to forgive ABUniverse for their original struggles, and put that in the past. Otherwise, get the Abena M4's, which are as close to the Bambino as you'll get at this point.

I would go with Abena M4's. And I too get frustrated with Bambino's stock issues.

I've been using the new XP Medical diaper A+ there very good. What I did was add two strips of 2" clear packaging tape to the front of the diaper as a landing zone for the tabs then add a booster. They fit and work great.