Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did Abena replace there diapers with

Default What did Abena replace there diapers with

Abena got rid of there plastic backed m2 /m3. I hard rumors last year that they were going to replace them with a new version cloth backed diapers not the premium.

Quote Originally Posted by buddylee View Post
    Abena got rid of there plastic backed m2 /m3. I hard rumors last year that they were going to replace them with a new version cloth backed diapers not the premium.
    Not sure about m2/M3. But I know they brought back plastic M4/L4. If that helps

Smile

Just over a year ago, Abena came out with a new range of Abri-Form Premium (aka Air Plus) diapers with a breathable cloth-like cover, and they changed the existing Abri-Form design to a non-breathable cloth-like cover and called it the Comfort range.

There's not much difference between the two designs except for the breathable vs. non-breathable backsheet and a bit of extra elastic on the tapes of the Premium range. Ironically, both of these features make the Premium range worse than the Comfort range, in my opinion! The breathable backsheet doesn't keep in moisture or odour particularly well and the diapers sag enough without the extra bit of elastic in the tapes.

Officially, the plastic-backed design has been discontinued, but one or two retailers seem to be able to get them still. I'll have to import them from Europe when I run out... :-( But at least I can still buy them -- I thought they were gone for good.

I received my order of M4's yesterday from Age Comfort and they were plastic. From what I understand they have a large stock of the plastic covered type due to the complaints against the cloth covered type. They have sales a few times a year on cases.

Im sure abena still makes m4 and L4 in plastic still cuz I get a case or two of m4s every month and im always checking xp medical for new regarding abena and dry 24/7.

Abena has been trying, succeded in Europe, to eliminate the plastic backed diapers, but there was a revolt over here in North America, with enough customers here not to alienate.. they're still trying.. they no longer make small in plastic. I really hope Dry 24/7 goes back in production soon. I find the performance of the cloth backed to be unacceptable for daily wear at work

Quote Originally Posted by bebehuey View Post
    Abena has been trying, succeded in Europe...
    You can still get them in Europe (though not the UK as far as I know). Only a couple of companies have them, though, SaveExpress / Airoliver being one of them.

Any of you know any place where i can get the comfort range in the usa ?

XP Medical - Incontinence Supplies

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    XP Medical don't appear to supply the Comfort range. I just had a quick look at their site and could only see the original plastic-backed Abri Forms and the Premium (aka Air Plus) ranges.

In fact, I just did a quick search and couldn't see anywhere you can get the Comfort range in the US... I'm sure there must be somewhere selling them over there, though...