Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Place to Eat

Default Favorite Place to Eat

Yesterday I got to go eat at my favorite place. Patti's Restaurant in Grand Rivers, KY. They have a 2" pork chop that just melts in your mouth. And strawberry butter. Plus around Christmas time they have their whole property lit up with Christmas lights.

What is your #1 favorite place to eat?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388842877.072830.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	19659

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388842894.958758.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	19660

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388842984.472652.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	19661

Default Favorite Place to Eat

Quote Originally Posted by AAO View Post
    Yesterday I got to go eat at my favorite place. Patti's Restaurant in Grand Rivers, KY. They have a 2" pork chop that just melts in your mouth. And strawberry butter. Plus around Christmas time they have their whole property lit up with Christmas lights.

What is your #1 favorite place to eat?

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388842877.072830.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	19659

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388842894.958758.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	19660

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388842984.472652.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	19661
    Awesome!! I'm going to Patti's next weekend, as well as Kentucky lake/Barkley near it!

Do you by any chance do you know what the date that they begin to take down the decorations? Some of my little cousins are coming along, and we've been worried that we'd get there too late for them to see the Christmas stuff.

How did you like the bread baked in a flower pot?

As for my favorite place? It kind of depends. But around here it would have to be a tiny place called the Whistle Stop.

It's a very old home style cooking place that was built before building codes were around, and as a result sits less than a few feet away from an actively used railroad track.

When you're eating, on the rare occasion a train will roar by outside, and because it's so close you can literally feel the ground shaking. It's really cool, and yet somehow incredibly quaint.

http://www.whistlestoprestaurant.net
    Last edited by Dan09; 04-Jan-2014 at 16:53.

Indian place downtown. Best vindaloo evar!
    Last edited by futurepunk92; 05-Jan-2014 at 03:37.

being AB my favorite place to eat is either mcdonalds or burgerking yum yum yum.

(happy face)

lolz

My favorite place is called Jardines in San Jaun Bautista. The food is great but I don't play around and I only get the #5 or 9

http://jardinesrestaurant.com/

The same family also owns a restaurant called Manuels in Aptos,Ca and there I do mix it up

Manuel's Mexican Restaurant

The only bad thing is that Manuel died awhile ago so his other family members took over both restaurants but they changed the decor and ambient music in Jardines and its shit compared to how it was from when he was alive but I still recommend it, also it is a short walk from the mission from which Vertigo was filmed!
    Last edited by Experiment626; 04-Jan-2014 at 18:08.

There was a quaint old hotel in Cornwall that I stayed in about 12 years ago, and the food was fantastic! Dinner was at a set time (so everyone ate more-or-less at the same time) and the chef got a round of applause every single night. It was so delicious that, by the end of my stay, I was deliberately choosing the most disgusting-sounding item on the menu... and every time it was like the most divine food I had ever tasted!

Also, there used to be an Asian fusion place near me that made the most delicious salmon curry -- a very tricky dish to get right without the spices overpowering or clashing with the fish. And an Indian place in the same town that does a great madras -- nothing fancy, but it tastes great. Fresh ingredients are the key, I think.

I remember trying a few of the Indians in Brick Lane (London's "curry land") and being quite disappointed -- everything was swimming in ghee.

But if I had to pick a "hash one" place to eat, it would have to be that hotel that I can't remember the name of.

My favorite places to eat are little hole-in-the-wall bar and grilles. I love burgers and those places always have unique combinations or sandwiches and the prices are usually cheaper than most restaurants.

I really like a local Chinese place here in WV called Main Tin and another local place called Los Agaves. The former has great chicken and the latter has amazing cheese dip.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan09 View Post
    Do you by any chance do you know what the date that they begin to take down the decorations?
    I think they said that the 12th was the last day for them.

I love Cracker Barrel. It's a country-themed chain restaurant that has a gift shop in it too.