Thread: Regressing too much?

Default Regressing too much?

So my semester just ended a couple weeks ago and I've been playing baby like crazy lately. I've cancelled two dinners and a missed a movie with friends just to regress. So I'm just wondering if anybody else has ever felt as if they've ever gone over board before.

yeah, that is probably too much. I wear 24/7 almost, and regress at nights, but i try to accept and make invitations if i can, unless it is to spend the night somewhere else, i usually like to sleep in my room so I can cuddle with my stuffies and drink a bottle of milk.
    I guess the main thing is when you are canceling plans, then it is probably too much, but if you are not accepting invitations every once in a while because you feel the need to regress instead, i guess that is probably ok.

I see your point, but when getting ready to head out and looking back to see your binky laying out it can be hard to resist.

Quote Originally Posted by dayjames785 View Post
    I see your point, but when getting ready to head out and looking back to see your binky laying out it can be hard to resist.
    I placed a premium on my ABDL time when I was living at home because I never quite knew how much I'd get that kind of privacy or for how long. It caused me to miss out on conventional activities sometimes but I think it was nearly unavoidable under the circumstances. Once I got out on my own and could dictate my own schedule, it was very rare for my ABDL urges to win out over the rest of my life. I think it's normal enough to need time alone on occasion, regardless of the reason but I try to keep it all in balance and not neglect friends or family. Your pacifier will still be there when you get back.

Regressing is a lot of fun, but when it interferes with our adult lives, it causes problems. If you keep blowing off your friends, you'll send a very bad message to them. Friendships suffer when we neglect them. I'm sure you know this, but there's another point that should be brought up. Are you familiar with the binge/purge cycle? This sounds like the beginning of the "binge" part of the cycle - becoming very involved in ABDL activities and excluding other things. And this always leads to a purge. I've been through it lots of times. Nothing sucks more than shaking your head, overreacting, and throwing away all your ABDL stuff out of pure shame.

The best way to prevent the purge - and to maintain your friendships - is to set limits. When I first accepted my ABDL side, one of the things I did was set hard limits on my ABDL activities. I set aside an hour every other day to wear diapers and regress. While I don't know if this level of limit is always necessary, it's a good idea to schedule in your little time. For example, you could decide to go out with your friends, and play baby when you get home. Or set aside a day when you know you're not going to go out for your regression, and schedule social activities for other days. A schedule is one of the best ways to achieve balance.

Regressing is lots of fun, but it needs to be part of a balanced life. The fact that you want this is a promising sign. If you want it, you'll find a way, and us here at ADISC will help any way we can. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by dayjames785 View Post
    Hehe, yeah, that is how it is for me when i see my little baby tiger Tadd.