Thread: Diaper Confidence

Default Diaper Confidence

OK I have no diaper confidence first let me say that by "diaper confidence" I don't mean in terms of capacity. I mean rather that when I diaper myself even if i have it comfy taped up correctly ect. I am not confident that it is on 'right" I follow the steps the same way as diapering some one else So I know its not messed up...but*shrug* anyway back to the point...Who here feels the same? And if so how can we remedy it?

What ramifications are there to your lack of confidence?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean i get a bit antzy when I think my tapes are on to tight and will pop of in public... but usually I don't worry too much.

- - - Updated - - -

As long as your taping is symnetrical you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSmall View Post
    What ramifications are there to your lack of confidence?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean i get a bit antzy when I think my tapes are on to tight and will pop of in public... but usually I don't worry too much.

- - - Updated - - -

As long as your taping is symnetrical you should be fine.

yeah i just always feel like its not done right

I sometimes have a really wet nappy, and I think "I can't do this any more: it'll burst". I'm not sure if this is what you mean by "diaper confidence", but I feel a lot like that, really.

I can't tell you if I've ever felt like that or not hmmmmmmm I guess it's just me

It could just be a natural desire to want someone else to do it for you. When kids have everything done for them, they acquire what most child development professionals call 'learned helplessness' and will say things like, "You do it. You do it better!"

I would imagine that as a baby you weren't diapering yourself, so it subconsciously feels unnatural for you to be doing it on your own. Apart from practicing and making minor adjustments until it's done to your standard of perfection, the only thing that would help is having someone else diaper you, and I fully understand that for about 80% of AB/DL's, that's not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by mommydelly View Post
    OK I have no diaper confidence first let me say that by "diaper confidence" I don't mean in terms of capacity. I mean rather that when I diaper myself even if i have it comfy taped up correctly ect. I am not confident that it is on 'right" I follow the steps the same way as diapering some one else So I know its not messed up...but*shrug* anyway back to the point...Who here feels the same? And if so how can we remedy it?
    You're not the only one. It is very rare for me to put on a diaper and feel like I got the fit "right" the first time round. And on more than one occasion I have had the tapes lose their sticky because I have adjusted them so many times. 😳