Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has your AB side changed your life for the better?

Default Has your AB side changed your life for the better?

Has your AB side changed your life for the better?

I'm a recovering alcoholic with 90 days sober today. I was craving alcohol so badly tonight because I had a stressful day at work. The second I put a dum dum (sucker candy my public pacifier) in my mouth my craving subsided substantially. Then when I got home I replaced the dum dum with my paci. Wow!

Well first off congratulations! I have recovering alcoholics in my family, while I can't speak from personal experience, I can understand that it's an uphill battle. Keep at it!

For myself, yes and no. I deal with moderate anxiety and depression, and I find that a bit of AB at the right time really helps me out a lot. Especially when it seems I get down for no reason, putting on a dip and grabbing my plushie really seems to help me relax and put those negative feelings out of my head for awhile. Then once it comes time to deal with them, it's a lot more manageable for me. Again, it's not a substitute for medication and or treatment, but it certainly has an effect.

But at the same time, it's bogus when you're out of diapers (like I currently am) and you're too chicken to go out and get some >.< bleh, live by the sword, die by the sword eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Aesir View Post
    Well first off congratulations! I have recovering alcoholics in my family, while I can't speak from personal experience, I can understand that it's an uphill battle. Keep at it!

For myself, yes and no. I deal with moderate anxiety and depression, and I find that a bit of AB at the right time really helps me out a lot. Especially when it seems I get down for no reason, putting on a dip and grabbing my plushie really seems to help me relax and put those negative feelings out of my head for awhile. Then once it comes time to deal with them, it's a lot more manageable for me. Again, it's not a substitute for medication and or treatment, but it certainly has an effect.

But at the same time, it's bogus when you're out of diapers (like I currently am) and you're too chicken to go out and get some >.< bleh, live by the sword, die by the sword eh?
    Thanks

I have bi-polar and when I'm depressed my AB side really helps as well. Unfortunately my AB side won't help get me out of feeling restless or manic but it does wonders for depression.

I really can't say for sure. I feel less miserable now that I haven't been denying it exists. Which, metaphorically, is about the same as locking your inner child in a closet.

Quote Originally Posted by LittlePony View Post
    Thanks

I have bi-polar and when I'm depressed my AB side really helps as well. Unfortunately my AB side won't help get me out of feeling restless or manic but it does wonders for depression.
    I know right? I just ordered my first paci the other day, should be in this week. I'm hoping this adds a bit to it as well. Plus it gives one the ability to go for the "quick fix" when getting padded isn't a viable option.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesir View Post
    I know right? I just ordered my first paci the other day, should be in this week. I'm hoping this adds a bit to it as well. Plus it gives one the ability to go for the "quick fix" when getting padded isn't a viable option.
    I bet you'll like your new paci. Diapers are nice but I prefer my paci and plushie.

Quote Originally Posted by LittlePony View Post
    I bet you'll like your new paci. Diapers are nice but I prefer my paci and plushie.
    I'm looking forward to it quite a bit ^^ I'm hoping it adds a new dimension to it all

Congrats on 90 days Once i finally accepted this side of myself it's been a godsend really. I used to smoke mary jane daily, now it's been just about 3-4 nights a week befor bed (huge reduction for myself lol), so i'm hoping to be completely sober by spring. When ever the urg hits during the day at home ive just been using my paci and the want subsides.

Quote Originally Posted by LilBiker View Post
    Congrats on 90 days Once i finally accepted this side of myself it's been a godsend really. I used to smoke mary jane daily, now it's been just about 3-4 nights a week befor bed (huge reduction for myself lol), so i'm hoping to be completely sober by spring. When ever the urg hits during the day at home ive just been using my paci and the want subsides.
    Thanks. I used to smoke cannabis all the time a few years ago, I'm glad I'm sober today.

Tough question. To my recollection, I've always been this way. I don't know who I'd be without it.

I suppose learning how to properly regress has made life a little better. The only issue right now is that I don't have enough privacy to indulge in my little side.