Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your prefference in accesories

Question Your prefference in accesories

I am going to try and sew AB/DL stuff again. I took a break from sewing clothing to read up on concept. I want to know how to determine what is fashionable and what makes you wonder if the kitchen sink is included.

Now that I am back and considering sewing AB/DL stuff again I need ideas. I get lost in the adult baby stuff on the net because it makes this fashion look really limited. What I mean by fashion is cloths style. I really don't think you can go out in the open with this stuff on.

So my question is this; "What all is there and what do you like the best?"

I hate the idea that there is only a small amount of different styled clothing and accessories for adult babies. Lets broaden this into several categories show we?

Quote Originally Posted by MLPPebble View Post
    I am going to try and sew AB/DL stuff again. I took a break from sewing clothing to read up on concept. I want to know how to determine what is fashionable and what makes you wonder if the kitchen sink is included.

Now that I am back and considering sewing AB/DL stuff again I need ideas. I get lost in the adult baby stuff on the net because it makes this fashion look really limited. What I mean by fashion is cloths style. I really don't think you can go out in the open with this stuff on.

So my question is this; "What all is there and what do you like the best?"

I hate the idea that there is only a small amount of different styled clothing and accessories for adult babies. Lets broaden this into several categories show we?
    The only clothing that I personally have are a few onesies (I'm in the US so when I say that, I'm talking about the shirts with snaps in the crotch.)

I was going to suggest onsies as well. I believe the woman who made them for Big Baby Boutique would buy long length childish looking T-shirts, and modify them, putting snaps on the bottom and of course sewing some sort of edging at the leg holes to match the arms. She would also sew on a sticker. I have a cute light blue and white striped one with a Donald Duck sewn to both the onsie and the snap shorts that went with the set. That might be an easier thing to sew and get started.

I also thought about leg warmers. I have fabric with a nap that stretches. It is sort of like faux furr

I sewn footed pj's from a pattern. The only thing I messed up on was the direction that it stretched. I am good at interpreting and even modifying patterns but when it comes to finishing a garment I tend to screw that up. I am getting batter though. I use a back stitch and blanket stitch to finish the edges by hand. I use a sewing machine primarily for sewing it together.

Can't wait to get started again.

Jammies aside...A pair of baggy corduroy overalls with snaps up the legs, hands down the top of my "wish list"

Another popular item is rompers. I have a snap front romper that has snaps all the way down the front. Then they continue through the crotch and down the legs. The legs end just above the knees.
    I also have what I call a jumper. It has shoulder straps which snap to the bib and has pockets. The legs end above the knees and have snaps through the crotch and the legs to facilitate diaper changes.

well the accessory I would like would just be footie pajamas but I am having trouble finding a size that fits. you see I am 6'6" tall and well I weigh about 270 pounds and trying to lose weight right now. at this point I think I am going to need to find an actual tailor and get them custom made or else go without them and all. as for toys well I can find those easily enough though I have none of those yet.

Onsies are always the popular and fun things to wear.
    Shortalls with added buttons on the inner legs and crotch area. With added patches on front.
    Cute dresses are fun as well. Short length and like half way to knees. *giggles and blushes*

One thing I always tried to look for was like cotton pantyhose, tho with like toesocks for feet.
    These maybe very hard to do, besides altering things and combing them.

You could also take a t-shirt and put snaps on one shoulder. Hidden under a jumper it could be worn without being seen.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyJammies View Post
    Jammies aside...A pair of baggy corduroy overalls with snaps up the legs, hands down the top of my "wish list"
    This! Would also be cool to have a coordinating onesie, with loops on the shoulders to keep the straps in place.

Also, denim or twill shortalls with cartooney appliques. I can't think of anything more quintessentially 'boy'.