Thread: Luvs size 6

Cool Luvs size 6

I was wondering if luvs size 6 diapers would fit me because I want an actual baby diaper to use instead of my goodnites and if it would fit me will it hold both pee and poop well I am 140LBS I have a 32 inch waist.

Also I was thinking about using cloth because I like the designs but I don't know anything about cloth I would use the normal ones that don't need to be folded but I don't know what I need or what brand also washing the diapers might be a problem I live with my father

I think the Luvs size 6 would be a tight fit, but I can't speak to it directly, never having tried them. I do wear cloth, however. I wear both gauze and birdseye from TheAlltogetherDiaper Co, prefold, and like them. I get the night weight as it's a thicker diaper. Remember that if you wear cloth and wet them, you also must use plastic pants. I get the Leakmaster highbacks, also from the same company, that can be found by Googling All Together Enterprises, adult cloth diapers. It will come up.

A lot of companies recommend pre-rinsing cloth diapers in the washing machine, and then washing them on the heavy cotton setting using Arm and Hammer detergent.

Depends on your definition of "fit". Using my definition, no way in heck.

Cd158 - you will probably get 'in' them, but they will hardly be comfortable, or probably withstand the extreme stretch for all too long before the wings/tapes tear off. I have always found the premium baby diapers to hold quite a lot.. More than many adult pull-ups. They tend to swell-up more (more SAP). As long as you don't end up sticking up out the front ;-)

cd158 I'm going to tell you straight up that you won't fit in them. I'm only being honest so you don't waste your money. I'm the same waist size and weight as you are and I BARELY fit into a pampers size 7 (but I wouldn't even consider it fitting). I mean, if I get even a twinge of excitement the diaper flies off like the incredible hulk just came out of my pants. Maybe if you had an undying urge to fit in these things, you might be able to get away with using some diaper pins on the tapes, but it won't be the same. Just use your money on the cloth. I've never used cloth personally, but it sounds appealing. I'm definitely going to try it out when I have extra cash lying around.

I don't think they would fit or if you could fasten them they would be uncomfortable.

I am a little smaller than you are and they don't fit me in the slightest, and I have actually tried them so it's not theory. If you want a real baby diaper you'll have to look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by cd158 View Post
    I was wondering if luvs size 6 diapers would fit me because I want an actual baby diaper to use instead of my goodnites and if it would fit me will it hold both pee and poop well I am 140LBS I have a 32 inch waist.

Also I was thinking about using cloth because I like the designs but I don't know anything about cloth I would use the normal ones that don't need to be folded but I don't know what I need or what brand also washing the diapers might be a problem I live with my father
    As far as cloth diapers go I am of no help, I do know one of our members has good knowledge of them. Krone6, so would ask.

Now with the Luvs size 6 I do have experience with them and I'll say you are looking at a tight fit with almost no chance of holding anything from someone of your age.

I have a 26" waist and weigh in at 100lbs and even then the Size 6 gives me a bit of a pinch at times. They only hold urine in a decent state if you let it out slowly and with waste.... Well that just adds more stress to the tapes that are already struggling to stay on the body of someone who is not meant to be in them. Also they dont tend to stay on long if you wear them and walk around with them since the tapes will eventually give out and fall off. Stick with Goodnites/Underjams or you could go the extra distance if you really want a 1 tape diaper with the infantile look and hunt down some Goo.N diapers.[Either availible in the Asian market district of your area or online only]

Hope this helps and good luck.