Thread: What is going on with FPS games lately?

Default What is going on with FPS games lately?

Has anyone else noticed the hate snipers get in game now?

Like I prefer playing sniper, and most of the main stream FPS games have just thrown them out the window.

Like snipers in black ops 2 where great, but then they went and made them take longer to aim down sites.

Then we have battlefield 3 and 4 not implementing methods for a one shot kill to the chest for bolt action sniper rifles only.

Why should snipers be limited to the point where they are forced to only aim for the head and then someone else can unload 50 million bullets into your chest in under a second.

Also I am talking about on pc not console.
    Last edited by kratox; 06-Dec-2013 at 05:48.

Game balance, usually
    Too many people are all RUN RUN SHOOTSHOOTRUNSHOOT . . . that's what they want, so that's what devs are making

Cant speak for CoD but in BF if semi-auto rifles could one shot to the chest then no one would ever use bolt actions.

Today I messed around with pump action shotguns on TDM on BF4 on PC. Pump actions are horribly slow and mostly do the same damage as the semi-automatic shotguns like the one you start off with. I couldn't see the point of having 15 rounds in a pump action when I couldn't even get more then 6 of them off. The sound is so loud and you show up on the mini map, that flanking large groups isn't worth it unless they are deaf and blind to minimap as well as damage indicators. Showing you which way to turn.

Plus really most people seem to camp as a sniper on the outside of maps, at the highest points, etc. Asides from actively spotting they don't generally do jack shit for their teams.

Of course in BF you can always go aggressive recon with motion senor balls and can take out armored targets now with C4.

I was an awsome sniper in Mohaa:sh

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Cant speak for CoD but in BF if semi-auto rifles could one shot to the chest then no one would ever use bolt actions.

Today I messed around with pump action shotguns on TDM on BF4 on PC. Pump actions are horribly slow and mostly do the same damage as the semi-automatic shotguns like the one you start off with. I couldn't see the point of having 15 rounds in a pump action when I couldn't even get more then 6 of them off. The sound is so loud and you show up on the mini map, that flanking large groups isn't worth it unless they are deaf and blind to minimap as well as damage indicators. Showing you which way to turn.

Plus really most people seem to camp as a sniper on the outside of maps, at the highest points, etc. Asides from actively spotting they don't generally do jack shit for their teams.

Of course in BF you can always go aggressive recon with motion senor balls and can take out armored targets now with C4.

bolt action sniper rifles only.

Dear lord do not do that for semi autos, that would be OP.

As a rule I always say, "If it kills in one hit, it is overpowered".

Then again, snipers aren't all that good up close. Sure I have fun using them at close range just to make people hate me (probably not true), but I will never be as good at sniping moving targets from 10m than from 100m. Sniper rifles are simply from another class of weapons. An AR is more versatile, for close to mid-range engagements. A SMG or shotgun is for close range engagements. So it depends on the map, and the relative pace of the game for each weapon. If it's a predominately long-range map, sniping may be a better tactic. I see no need to nerf snipers like that, either.

Now I absolutely hate explosives, especially grenades (because I suck at throwing them -.-)

The AWP in CS still works :P Although its accuracy has been nerfed a bit from it's 1.6 version as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kratox View Post
    Has anyone else noticed the hate snipers get in game now?

Like I prefer playing sniper, and most of the main stream FPS games have just thrown them out the window.

Like snipers in black ops 2 where great, but then they went and made them take longer to aim down sites.

Then we have battlefield 3 and 4 not implementing methods for a one shot kill to the chest for bolt action sniper rifles only.

Why should snipers be limited to the point where they are forced to only aim for the head and then someone else can unload 50 million bullets into your chest in under a second.

Also I am talking about on pc not console.
    #1 A sniper rifle in RL is not a one shot kill unless you know 100% where to shoot down to the inch my brother in law was a marine and took a long range .308 to the chest and he is still alive so in RL its not a one hit kill a head shot is and is understandable to be a one hitter quitter. BF is just making it realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by wasntme View Post
    As a rule I always say, "If it kills in one hit, it is overpowered".

Then again, snipers aren't all that good up close. Sure I have fun using them at close range just to make people hate me (probably not true), but I will never be as good at sniping moving targets from 10m than from 100m. Sniper rifles are simply from another class of weapons. An AR is more versatile, for close to mid-range engagements. A SMG or shotgun is for close range engagements. So it depends on the map, and the relative pace of the game for each weapon. If it's a predominately long-range map, sniping may be a better tactic. I see no need to nerf snipers like that, either.

Now I absolutely hate explosives, especially grenades (because I suck at throwing them -.-)
    COD MW 2 & 3 Barret .50 acog scope can be used as both sniper and assult rifle i use it as both, but snipers in general should be limited to 1 or two per team. play COD there are just too many of them last game i played was 16 people 14 were using snipers and camping only two people using conventional weapons