Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scuba Diver?

Default Scuba Diver?

Hi! May I know is there any commercial diver using diaper under their drysuit? Hope to make friend.

Not commercial... but I do a good bit of tec-diving in my spare time.
    I've used diapers... but these days mostly rig the pee-valve on my dry suit.
    Why? Oh well, I guess the flow of urine and the inability to change and the resulting wet & nasty thermal-undersuit....

Again not commercial, but have used diapers in a dry suit a few times when I knew we were going to be out in our club RIB for a long while and we had women diving with us.
    Yep, it's no fun pouring the pee out of your boots after a dive, bad enough with sea water when your suit leaks.

Just recreational and minor tec here, but I've worn a diaper under my dry suit on a couple of occasions. However, I worry about leakage issues due horizontal orientation and minor suit squeeze.

Yeah I quiet often wear a diaper when I'm going on a long dive, as do my dive buddies. Ever peed in a dry suit? Once and you probably won't ever do it again!

Quote Originally Posted by RedApple View Post
    Yeah I quiet often wear a diaper when I'm going on a long dive, as do my dive buddies. Ever peed in a dry suit? Once and you probably won't ever do it again!
    That is why for a LOOONG time in diving history (at least for men) there is that magical P-Valve...

although rumor has it that now there's also a She-P-Valve (but it's a bit more elaborate to attach the device).

Honestly, whilst a diaper is a solution, depending on the urgency & position & pressure it can be a bit of a mishap.
    I'm incon, so sometimes don't have the luxury to choose a good position to pee in, thus the diaper has proven to be a bit more troublesome during dives.
    for female divers, a diaper is aside from the new She-P about the only option, aside from trying to hold it in.

These days it really depends... I've got two dry suits... one is the laminated type, very solid, and has a p-valve rigged. the other is one of the neoprene dry suits and doesn't have a p-valve (yet).
    With the later I still use diapers - but it sees less use then the other one.

My dive buddy knows I'm IC... and he has worn a diaper before but found it to be really awkward and prefers the P-Valve... I do understand.

It has been a while since I dove. I have never worn when diving, but I know several women that wear when they dive.

i always took a submarine along while diving..... (i liked staying dry, and warm; grin.. giggles)
    Last edited by littlelodgewrecker; 04-Dec-2013 at 05:43.

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    i always took a submarine along while diving..... (i liked staying dry, and warm; grin.. giggles)
    A very impotent service you provided, probably just as well with that pay-load….the consequences of premature whatsdowesay would have been unthinkable….not that we would be debating it otherwise now.

I'm a diver but to me (and my buddy) it's no fun in the cold so we never do dry suits. I'm more of a tropical fan.