Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper rash or???

Default Diaper rash or???

Hello there, I have a rash on the inner part of my thigh. I wonder if I have an allergic reaction to some new diapers I've tried, Unique Wellness Briefs? THe pharmacist told me to treat it as a yeast infection with Lotramin... Any thoughts anyone? Thank you for reading... ;O)

Well topical benedryl will help if it is allergy. Lotramin will help if it is fungal. It could be either or just some non-specific dermatitis (rubbing, moisture).
    Lotramin makes a nice talcum powder product which will help multiple ways.

Thank you Willnotwill. I will look into that in the next few days if I can't get this to clear up at least a little...

Quote Originally Posted by tristenmr View Post
    Hello there, I have a rash on the inner part of my thigh. I wonder if I have an allergic reaction to some new diapers I've tried, Unique Wellness Briefs? THe pharmacist told me to treat it as a yeast infection with Lotramin... Any thoughts anyone? Thank you for reading... ;O)
    You can also use Balmex Adult Rash Cream. It could also be caused by chafing by the leg openings on your diaper

Quote Originally Posted by willnotwill View Post
    Well topical benedryl will help if it is allergy. Lotramin will help if it is fungal. It could be either or just some non-specific dermatitis (rubbing, moisture).
    Lotramin makes a nice talcum powder product which will help multiple ways.
    Iím having some success with Tinactin to treat jock itch. Might Lotramin be a better choice? How about Naftin cream?

Lotramin deffinatly helps if it is a fungal infection aka yeast rash.

I get those a couple times of year from being in a diaper way too long.

It looks like a hole bunch of tiny little bumps and gets real read and hurts and gets raw.

After about 7 days with the lotramine AND not wearing it will start to clear up.

Quote Originally Posted by WBxx View Post
    Iím having some success with Tinactin to treat jock itch. Might Lotramin be a better choice? How about Naftin cream?
    Tinactin should work. The creams may be a good barrier against initial occurrence in some situations but I like the powdered preparations.

a word to help with yeast rashes, i get yeast rashes on my sides, tummy and lower back. after several different types of rash creams the only thing that will help with the itchy yeast rash is a yeast cream used frequently to clear it up, monistate or other feminine yeast cream works best for me. Powders will aid in the growth of the yeast, baby rash creams will not help it at all, it resembles little burns red raised spots irregular in shape raised edges and is slightly painful if scratched too hard.
    why i get it I dont know, took me a very long time to identify what it was, primarily cuz i was reluctant to see a doctor because of the embarrassment of them finding out i wore diapers. If i go for a period of time without wearing the diapers it clears up, so im guessing its created from the moisture from the pee and the sweat on the top edges of the plastic backed diapers.
    If you get a rash take care of it quickly and dont let it get out of hand, its not fun allow time to air dry. if your addicted to diapers as much as i am this will be a challenge for you.
    Take care

If you get doctor to write a prescription for you ask for nystatin or mycolog.