Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Trip

Default Car Trip

I enjoy wearing diapers on car trips because I don't have to stop to go to the bathroom and as a result I can drink as much as I want. I do have a few problems though.

1. I need a more absorbent diaper. I have tried both wellness briefs and Abena M4 diapers but find myself leaking by the end of the trip (6.5 hours). I know I can add a booster to increase the absorbency but is there a better diaper out there (also booster recommendations)? I would consider using cloth but cannot so any products have to be disposable.

2. As I wet the diaper, the diaper swells making it hard to close my legs. As a result, I have to push my legs out to the side which is not comfortable when I need to use the gas and break. Besides a diaper, is there another urine disposal method I should try? I am a guy and have tried a condom catheter at home before but do not care for it. I also do not want to use a regular catheter unless necessary. (When I wear in the car I am alone)

3. At the end of 6.5 hours, the soaked nappy is not very comfortable. I know increasing absorbency will help with this but is there another way to make the diaper more comfortable?

I've noticed the Bambino Bellissimos are very absorbent over multiple wettings. I'm not sure how they'd help the issue of the diaper swell, the Bambino's aren't exactly known for being small. How often do you usually wet while on a 6.5 hour road trip?

kayley

Bambino Bellissimos are more absorbent, but they also swell a LOT more. If 6 hours makes your legs push apart on an M4, you'll need new hips with a Bambino!

boosters, more absorbent nappys, or just bigger, more capacitive diapers are still going to have to hold all that pee between your legs.

=^.^=

Cut back a bit on the fluids for sure, no need to go overboard because you are wearing, that may not be the case, but it should certainly help out with the time frame you need to get out of one. A baby diaper as a stuffer/liner will be a good second level of absorbancy, but will not help with the swelling, that is for sure! If you are loading up an Abena M4 in 6 hours, that is a lot to put out!

As I drive automatic currently the padding between the legs isn't much of an issue as when I drove standard.

I miss the increased performance with standard but could not find a decent model of what I wanted.

As I don't need the clutch my left leg can be splayed out for comfort.

As to diaper specifics I usually use a booster pad in the diaper and then a pad on the seat just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear05 View Post
    I enjoy wearing diapers on car trips because I don't have to stop to go to the bathroom and as a result I can drink as much as I want. I do have a few problems though.

1. I need a more absorbent diaper. I have tried both wellness briefs and Abena M4 diapers but find myself leaking by the end of the trip (6.5 hours). I know I can add a booster to increase the absorbency but is there a better diaper out there (also booster recommendations)? I would consider using cloth but cannot so any products have to be disposable.

2. As I wet the diaper, the diaper swells making it hard to close my legs. As a result, I have to push my legs out to the side which is not comfortable when I need to use the gas and break. Besides a diaper, is there another urine disposal method I should try? I am a guy and have tried a condom catheter at home before but do not care for it. I also do not want to use a regular catheter unless necessary. (When I wear in the car I am alone)

3. At the end of 6.5 hours, the soaked nappy is not very comfortable. I know increasing absorbency will help with this but is there another way to make the diaper more comfortable?

Actually all your three questions to some part provide you with some answers on their own:
    - 6.5 hours in a wet soaked nappy = uncomfortable (at best).
    - Once the diaper swells up, legs hard to close = uncomfortable & safety issue
    - Bigger diaper would basically just aggravate the issues above... so it's basically out of the question.

Simple Answer - and take this from someone who's been dealing with IC, diapers and driving (I have to drive a LOT for work) for a LONG time:
    CHANGE more often...
    There's really no way around that at one point...
    And personally I don't like to sit in my own urine for hours upon hours anyhow...
    so frequent changes are basically a part of the deal.

Other Devices: yes.
    theres the "condom urinal", "condom catheter", "Texas Catheter"...
    The device has several names to go by... but always works the same way :
    it's not a catheter in terms of going INSIDE your urethra, it's more like a condom going OVER the penis... and a tube attached to the end of it.
    to the tube (length varies / can be shortened) a Leg-Bag (I recommend calf-height wearing) is being connected... the good ones have unidirectional flow-back protection valves, and drain-valves installed.. (you lift your leg over the toilet and open the drain valve... so you don't have to remove anything to pee.

For a long time I've been somewhat opposed to the system above. Simply 'cause I hadn't found anything that was comfortable / working well.
    None the less I used it at times, where a diaper would simply have been a "no-go-option" for a multitude of reasons.
    But recently I've come across a model / bag combo that really works well during daytime use and I find myself more and more using this for my daytime issues rather than pads or diapers.
    Last edited by EPO1; 02-Dec-2013 at 19:21.

Well I'd say you might want to go a lil easy on the drinking because no sense in going overboard just because you can.As far as your questions goes:

I'd have to say bambino is a good choice for the absorbency factor but they also swell a good bit but a simple way to fix that is change a bit more often than every 6.5 hours and as far as comfort goes that really depends on the the individual and you might find that with changing more often and switching to a type like bambino makes it plenty comfortable.All you can do is figure out through trial and error what works best for you

Well, for me, I love diaper, but after the motorbike accident, I need to use foley catheter. I think it is good for me (sometime, because not always comfortable). I no need to worry about my piss on the coach.

Thanks for all the advice. I ordered some Bambino Classico diapers yesterday since they were on sale and will give those a try. I may also consider some type of catheter for car trips or other long-term situations. I already have a 2L bag but would need to get the catheter I would be using.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear05 View Post
    Thanks for all the advice. I ordered some Bambino Classico diapers yesterday since they were on sale and will give those a try. I may also consider some type of catheter for car trips or other long-term situations. I already have a 2L bag but would need to get the catheter I would be using.
    Just do yourself a solid and do NOT play around with indwelling catheters... now that could really go wrong.
    Go with the texas style condom cath and you should be fine.