Thread: Advice on holding onto used diapers for a few days?

Default Advice on holding onto used diapers for a few days?

I'm tempted to use my goodnights tonight as one parent is one of town and the other sleeps on another floor. However, I have only previously used and then thrown out that day, but given that Im not doing much tomorrow, I can't really get out of the house without a reason and it not looking odd, let along with something.

Any advice, will a ziploc bag hold a few till monday minus the smell?

I would not trust each baggie to hold more than 1 each due to how big Goodnites can swell when wet. A good excuse to get out of the house could be you wanted to look for Christmas gifts

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post
    I would not trust each baggie to hold more than 1 each due to how big Goodnites can swell when wet. A good excuse to get out of the house could be you wanted to look for Christmas gifts
    I'll make up something, but leaving with my backpack looks odd.

Ziploc bags are airtight and don't smell. If you have to store a wet diaper overnight, that's a good way to do it. Double-bagging into a plastic grocery bag will conserve even more of your peace of mind. I know the "Bleh" factor is there but it is a good short-term fix.
    I think it *should* work until Monday, but I really don't know, I've never tried it that long; I only do this when I need to change myself in my room at night and couldn't explain a late-night trip to the rubbish bin or some other unexpected complication has occured... and I agree with MOPadded that you should only use one goodnite per bag, just not to try your luck too badly.
    Last edited by YankeeFox; 01-Dec-2013 at 01:08.

Keep any wet diapers in the coldest place you can, warmth from summer sun or winter heating systems brings on the foul smell much sooner.

I put mine in a twisted and tied shut grocery bag and store until a convinient time to sneak them into the trash. They seem to be able to go for a few days without noticable smell, but it's highly dependant on the kind of diaper (some have better odor control than others), level of hydration (concentrated urine has a much stronger smell), and temperature.

Fabreeze garbage bags are the best for odor when storing them in a closet. Then I usually keep those in a paper bag in my closet. No smell. Then I throw the bags away out back when I can.

As long as you do not poop in your diaper, it should be ok for a day or two maybe more if you put it in an airtight bag. If you poop in it, it has to go out right away.

How's this for a crazy idea (that I never though of when I was still sneaking diapers around parents...btw): wear them until you're ready to dispose of them, then go for a walk, stop at a restroom and dispose of them. Obviously, this depends on your walkable public restrooms, but any private stall will do, and extra points for a 1 person restroom, and extra extra points if said room has a trash can.

I can usually take mine out within that day of use unless I poop in mine then I just wear it until I can get somewhere to change myself