Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is better ?

Default What is better ?

Hya guys what is netter the
    Abri form m4 plastic
    Or
    Abri form m4 cloth like

I tried an abra-wing that had a cloth cover once. ONCE. It was fine as I walked around campus all day, but the cloth cover sweated as soon as I tried using it. At least it was quiet.

kayley

You pretty much have to change the cloth as soon as it's wet. It sweats out moisture like crazy. Its great on a hot day, and it's nice and quiet. But it won't hold water.

=^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by kayley View Post
    You pretty much have to change the cloth as soon as it's wet. It sweats out moisture like crazy. Its great on a hot day, and it's nice and quiet. But it won't hold water.

=^.^=
    Which sort of defeats its intended purpose?

I'm not a fan of cloth diapers because they aren't all that absorbent and need to be changed often. And of course disposable diapers just feel better to me.

Love the plastic but really don't care for the cloth like. I really liked the wigs when they were plastic backed, still have a few left.

Quote Originally Posted by scarleach View Post
    Hya guys what is netter the
    Abri form m4 plastic
    Or
    Abri form m4 cloth like
    Gasp! Is that a serious question?! Ha ha!

The plastic-backed ones win hands-down! The clothlike ones tend to sag and gape around the leg cuffs...

I am a cloth-backed diaper fan, so I will go for the cloth-like option... *waits for upcoming insults from plastic purists*

Simple answer--go for the plastic backed.

When Abena was putting forward the new cloth backed diapers, I made the mistake of ordering two cases of them through XP Medical, a place I often buy my supplies. Those two cases were horrid things, to the point I wrote Gary at XP Medical and described in detail to him just how lousy they were. With the plastic backed diapers, I can regularly get away with one diaper for about 6-8 hours of wear. I will wear regular briefs over my diaper to help disguise noise and keep them in place. I have had almost no trouble with this set up for many years.

When I started using the cloth like Abena diapers, I was sorely disappointed. Within just a couple of hours, they had used almost all of their absorbency and would start leaking. It was a good thing I wore briefs over them as well, because at the end of that time, the fit on the diaper had loosened to the point it was sagging like crazy. Without the briefs holding the diaper in place, it would have been around my ankles. When I went to take my diaper off and lowered my underwear, the diaper would drop to my ankles with them, the fit was so bad.

Fortunately, Abena decided to continue production of the plastic backed Abri-form diapers here in the U.S., if they decide to stop at some point I will be switching to a different manufacturer. I was sorely disappointed with the cloth-like Abri-form product, and asked Gary at XP Medical to send my letter along to Abena.

My ratings:

Plastic backed Abri-form:
    Fit/comfort: 9/10 They aren't perfect, but they fit damn well and maintain that even with a very active lifestyle.
    Absorbency: 9.5/10 Again, not perfect, but damn good, they can handle most of a day without leaving me feeling wet
    Overall, a damn good diaper that is my daily wear. Can't always make it through the night with one, but I usually wear homemade cloth diapers for bedtime.

Cloth-like Abri-form:
    Fit/comfort: 2/10 These diapers may fit well for the first 15-30 minutes, but rapidly loosen up and sag like crazy.
    Absorbency: 3/10 My experience puts these slightly above Depends, and that's a pretty sad diaper
    Overall, save your money and buy a better diaper. You'll spend less by buying the plastic-backed because they'll hold up better and last longer.

The plastic ones a million to one over the Air Plus!!!!!!!
    The Air ones I got had sticky tapes that would not hold on the cloth like covering at all!