Thread: Am I just doomed to not wear diapers? X__X

Unhappy Am I just doomed to not wear diapers? X__X

Hi again forum folk, today I come to you with a quandry...

I ordered (well, split a case order with a friend) my first 'proper' diapers, Abena L4's recently and I've used two so far however for the bloody life of me I cannot get the damn things to sit on my gut just below my belly button like they're supposed to, they just slide down every time and it instantly ruins the snugness (which also by the way permanently decreases if I even bend over in these things! and becomes way too loose from being stretched out instantly), however all the other diapers I've tried tend to suffer the same issue >.< am I just doing it wrong? I managed to get the L4's nice and snug however extremely difficultly standing (first time I'd ever tried, mostly put them on on the bed) though again they just slide down x.x

do I just need more practice or do I need bigger diapers and if so where the heck can I find them? I don't like to drop measurements but L4's are supposed to be 40-60" for sizing and I sit at 52-54 (fluctuates) just below the belly button to give you an idea of how much wiggle room I have (however I wear my jeans and most pants just above the crotch area)
    one other thing is I do have quite large thighs from being overweight and that seems to play a role with the leg gatherers always being squished inward and the wings not laying flat at the top of my hips.

please help D:

Go to walgreens and order abena XL4 the are $20.99 per bag...See how that works for ya

We don't have Walgreens in Canada and I don't think they ship to Canada either.

as well my budget for a case is about 70, and I don't know if I'd like the Air Plus Abenas vs the normal ones x.x

Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNamedSara View Post
    I ordered (well, split a case order with a friend) my first 'proper' diapers, Abena L4's recently and I've used two so far however for the bloody life of me I cannot get the damn things to sit on my gut just below my belly button like they're supposed to, they just slide down every time and it instantly ruins the snugness (which also by the way permanently decreases if I even bend over in these things! and becomes way too loose from being stretched out instantly), however all the other diapers I've tried tend to suffer the same issue >.< am I just doing it wrong? I managed to get the L4's nice and snug however extremely difficultly standing (first time I'd ever tried, mostly put them on on the bed) though again they just slide down x.x
    I'd say "yes you're doing it wrong". Those new to diapers assume they need to pull the diaper up snug in the crotch and then do the upper tapes wherever they happen to be, at roughly the same level as where the tapes attach in the back. This only works if the diaper you're trying to wear is the right size or is slightly small for your height.

If the diaper is too long for you, you may end up taping several inches above your belt line with the top tapes, and that's just going to slip down first chance it gets.

Try this: position the back and pull the top tapes forward and around. Move them up or down so they land on your belt line. Right where your belt keeps your pants up. Those top tapes are your diaper's belt. Same thing will happen with your belt if you manage to pull your pants up several inches too high, it'll slide down to your belt line first chance it gets. So do the tapes there at your belt line.

It may be loose in the crotch. It may be very loose in the crotch. Do it anyway.

NOW, pull the front middle of the diaper up to bring the elastic in the crotch snug. This may cause a small or even a very big bulge in the front. Attach the lower tapes in and DOWNWARD. They're there to lift up and pull the crotch of the diaper snug. You'll probably have difficulty getting the second tape down anywhere near how the first one went, because you're pulling material to one side with the first tape. (expect it to take a few trials to get an even fit) Expect it to take a little practice.

You may have a large bulge in the front now if your diaper is longer than you are tall, but it shouldn't slip down and shouldn't be gapping in the crotch. You may need to compress the bulge in the front in toward your waist a bit, but usually your pants/jeans/etc will take care of that for you.

^ this sounds EXACTLY what I should have been doing, much appreciated, very well explained! I'll be trying this later today hopefully! I don't wear them out of the house yet (for me it's more of a 'playtime' kinda thing) but my nappie friend might want to and we're unsure if the Abenas I got will fit her properly, if not I'll try the above first!

wow I never even knew I had these issue's until just now. you see I NEVER really got much of a chance to diaper myself REGULARLY until VERY recently and all because I only just started to acknowledge this and now I am trying to not screw things up and learn how to take care of these desires in a way that is healthy and does not interfere with my responsibilities. I am so much of a rookie at this that I am learning random things like this EVERYDAY I am here on ADISC without exception just by default. just a fyi I am 6'6" tall and have a 48" waistline and that is below my belly button as well so I can learn some unique size issues for finding things that fit if I have not already. personally I am thinking of starting a special "Big and Tall" thread or something on multiple forums.