Thread: School for adults would you attend?

Default School for adults would you attend?

Let's say you wanted a chance to make up for your grades and you had enough time to attend the school since some people like and don't like it. Now there are some of course rules but no strict rules because we're adults we obey the laws of our country the only thing we had to do was pack or pay for lunch. BTW It would not be like a college school but it would be called a MAKE UP school where you make up for the grades you've failed in but you weren't forced by law to go to that school if you didn't wanna go. Would you attend this type of school why or why not? As well to note the school has a lunch break like our version of school would but is also like an adult version of High School... BTW This would also help you attend college for those who have had low grades in school and attendance ETC that you need to go to college...

I have a few friends who teach in a college like that. I don't see any reason why someone wouldn't go to such a place if they needed basic qualifications to get a job, or to learn English so they can integrate into society better.

Hello

There is a lot of online learning sources that you can do just what you are talking about.

We also have a group here on ADISC that is attempting to help the members help themselves with any form of educational needs.

We are still setting it up but it could be a good source of learning and helping each other out.

School House Rocks ADISC was set up that people with skills and or educational back grounds could set up educational threads to teach a topic as simple as possible.
    If we could help just one person get that little lift to understand basic concepts and be able to help themselves then the mission of ADISC would be working.
    Last edited by egor; 25-Nov-2013 at 02:00.

I've found that junior colleges are good at offering remedial classes. My son who was in advanced classes in high school, took first year college courses as advanced, senior high courses. Junior colleges also offer vocational courses such as welding, brick laying and many others. I'm very pro on education, so I would say yes to taking courses. When I retire, I'm thinking about taking a creative writing course at our junior college.

I'm not the type to get involved into too much I really didn't care about being smart at all in school but I missed it for the friends whom I actually trust. I would just ignore people if they say I'm dumb it was just a label to me any way. I was kinda the hard headed type or maybe used to be the class clown still a label but it was fun trolling in class I loved mocking the teacher. I only enjoyed school for the majority of making friends but I do learn on my own I was never the type to wanna show off on that type of stuff and kept it to my self. I might not care about college because I have a life right here without it school was always a stress for me...

There aren't a hypothetical thing, they exist in some places. I went to one in fact years after dropping out of high school. It had the same pacing, set up, organization, and classes as a high school, but since it was adults it was pretty 'No Bullshit'. Just get your stuff done or don't and leave instead. The nicest part was, since it was operated by the public school board, I was able to get a full on high school diploma instead of a GED.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicZero View Post
    Let's say you wanted a chance to make up for your grades and you had enough time to attend the school since some people like and don't like it. Now there are some of course rules but no strict rules because we're adults we obey the laws of our country the only thing we had to do was pack or pay for lunch. BTW It would not be like a college school but it would be called a MAKE UP school where you make up for the grades you've failed in but you weren't forced by law to go to that school if you didn't wanna go. Would you attend this type of school why or why not? As well to note the school has a lunch break like our version of school would but is also like an adult version of High School... BTW This would also help you attend college for those who have had low grades in school and attendance ETC that you need to go to college...
    Sounds *exactly* like adult schools.

They are a thing and have been for decades now. Though its mainly to earn a GED or finish a high school diploma. I finished my HS last year in one, though it was all a technicality. Had all my credits in order and even 15-20 more then I needed. But for them to give me diploma, I had to complete two courses. My guess to enroll me as a student and generate money for the school off me, plus its a easy success story in their checklist. Just another notch in how fucked up the public school system is and can be.

Frankly having to go do "work" there was more embarrassing then ever being in special education.