Thread: Nuk5 Repair

Default Nuk5 Repair

Ok, just got an idea. I have a nuk5 that is cracking and crumbling apart. I just looked up online for 'latex adhesive'. Do you think it would be a workable idea to go and get something like that to repair a pacifier with? Also, if it works for that, it might be workable to fix plastic pants that are leaking with the same thing...

I think you would be better off and safer to buy a new one. You don't know how these adhesives are going to work.

Plastic pants? Sure, it's worth a try. The worst that will happen is that they'll still leak.

I'd be hesitant about using adhesives on something that's going in my mouth, however - buying a new one seems like a much better idea.

Yeah, some adhesives say they are food safe though, and for 8$ to fix it, it is a lot cheaper than the $40 or so that i spent to get the one i wanted.

Well,

Even food safe adhesives may not be "good" for your health...

I doubt anyone want to eat Teflon, even though it's food safe!

No matter the adhesive there is most likely some VOC's and/or other out gassing from the adhesive...

Now, yes $8 is less than $40...but, even if the "fix" is 100% safe it most likely won't extend the life that far...

Once things start breaking down they will continue to fail and require more and more fixes as time goes on...

My advise,

Save the $8.00....then $8.00 one the next three fixes and buy a new one...in the long run im sure you'll get more suck per buck!

B

For $15.95 you can get a new NUK 5 from fetware plus shipping. Probably all for under $20.00. That's the way I would go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Ok, just got an idea. I have a nuk5 that is cracking and crumbling apart. I just looked up online for 'latex adhesive'. Do you think it would be a workable idea to go and get something like that to repair a pacifier with? Also, if it works for that, it might be workable to fix plastic pants that are leaking with the same thing...
    I buy the Leakmaster high back plastic pants, and often, they begin to unravel at the seams. I've discovered that a hot glue gun fixes this. I put a small dab of glue where it's unraveling and then cut the thread. It works brilliantly, and you can't feel the small bit of glue, as it would feel like plastic anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I buy the Leakmaster high back plastic pants, and often, they begin to unravel at the seams. I've discovered that a hot glue gun fixes this. I put a small dab of glue where it's unraveling and then cut the thread. It works brilliantly, and you can't feel the small bit of glue, as it would feel like plastic anyway.
    Hmm, that is a really good idea

hot glue gun - if is something based at kyanoacrylates, so it'd be harmfull - cancerogenic. Is this ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glue-gun.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	19280