Thread: Crow Remake?

Default Crow Remake?

*Thanks Pojo for the link*

http://www.variety.com/article/VR...365.html?categoryid=1350&cs=1

Yep, there might be a remake to The Crow with Stephen Norrington (Blade and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) as writer and directer. I'm happy with a idea of a remake but how the hell are you going to live up to a cult movie best known for a tragic death. Anyway I well write more tomorrow since it like 2:16 am and I'm half awake lol.

Brandon Lee was The Crow, plain and simple. All of those awful movies after the first were just spitting on his grave and J.O. Barr's original graphic novel.

If they remake it, they're not really smart!

Right now movies basic on graphic novel/comic book is a big thing right now and what better way to do that then remake the cult classic movie, The Crow. Brandon Lee well always be The Crow and anyone else who try will fail. I like the idea of a remake, but the movie is going to end up sucking unless they try and make it into a tribute to the original instead of trying to make it better because there no way in hell you can make it better then original because 3 movies and 1 television show try before and each one, as you guess it, fail.

Anyway I probably watch it since I'm a fan of The Crow so if the movie any good, I probably end up buying and if it bad, I probably let it die a quick death like the sequels. Also I'm curious to see who they cast as Eric Draven/The Crow because none of the past actor could live up to Lee performance of the character. I would suggest Heath Ledger because of his performance as the Joker, but he pass away so yea...

Mako

This sounds just as bad as the proposed remake of the rocky horror picture show. There are some movies you just don't touch for remakes.

Why make a remake of it? The Crow came out in the 90's and is still very watchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Why make a remake of it? The Crow came out in the 90's and is still very watchable.
    Money...enough say.

Holy shit, Eddy... You must be fucking syked... I mean this is the movie you based your life around...

I'll console you when they ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
    Holy shit, Eddy... You must be fucking syked... I mean this is the movie you based your life around...

I'll console you when they ruin it.
    Not my whole life, just parts of it and I already have a feeling that their going to ruin it...

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Not my whole life, just parts of it and I already have a feeling that their going to ruin it...
    But still... You should some kind of monetary gain for it...