Thread: Anyone own a Wii U?

Default Anyone own a Wii U?

We're getting a Wii U for our son, the Zelda bundled package for Christmas. Are there any other accessories that don't come with it that wii should be aware of?

Hi Zipperless, I bought a wii u at launch and i can tell you it comes with everything you need in the box. Wii remotes dont come included, but are not necessary unless you want to play certain games that need it. I love my wii U and if if i may make a suggestion, the eshop has some really good games for less than full retail price, Trine 2 is a very fun puzzle/action game.

Yes,

I bought a wiiu for my ex's kid, he had a wii so had the extra controllers already...

I don't know if it came withan hdmi cable...but that's about it...

B

Does it need an HDMI connection? The TV it will be connected to doesn't have and HDMI port.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Does it need an HDMI connection? The TV it will be connected to doesn't have and HDMI port.
    on its wiki page it says HDMI, component (Red Blue Green cables) and composite (Red, Yellow, white).

The wii u does come with only an hdmi cable.

- - - Updated - - -

I just now looked at the back of the console, and yes it does support lower standards like a/v and composite, but youll need to buy that cable separately.

I also have a WiiU. Absolutely love it. Many many great games to play on it, both from retail and from the eshop. Just like Sulqy117 said, Trine 2 is a very fun game. I have it as well. Lately I've been playing Funky Farm. As you would expect, you build a farm from the ground up. Very cool. I think it was about $20 in the eshop, but I can't remember exactly. All in all, you, your friends and your family will love the WiiU.

We have those. Maybe time for a new TV. Thanks guys!
    Unsure about where you're located, but there's some 19" RCAs floating around my town for ~$105. Just over 720P(1366x768 I think). Works well for a casual gaming/bedroom TV. I think the pricing on LCDs is finally hitting rock bottom.

We have those. Maybe time for a new TV. Thanks guys!

Nintendo has its own proprietary cables for the other display ports. So unless you have a Wii you'll likely need to buy a separate cable.