Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: saw

Default saw

just wondering if, whoever has seen saw (any of the 5), are any of you freaked out about it? like, I get scared from those types of movies and always have to put myself in the victim's position. just wondering if anyone feels the same about the saw movies.

I saw the first one in French with no subtitles, with 2 French people I hardly knew at all, in a dark and horrible house in a dark and horrible town that I had never been to before. And I really, really don't like movies like that.

That was not a fun evening.

I seen the first 4 and it never freaked me out. I think the first one is the best however just due to the message it gives off. Such as "Don't take life for granted."

Watched most of them and was laughing watching them. (Yeah I'm like that :P)
    I liked the irony in most of them. :3

I know it is a movie so IDK.

1st one was good, so was the second. Third was okay, but first two were better. 4, I watched but didn't take in much of it, I was busy at the time. I haven't even seen the fifth one, but I'm not going to bother. IMO, it should have ended with the third. Most movies that go past a three-quel go in the crapper, so three parts are enough most of the time. There are obvious exceptions though... but that's just my $0.02

The series didn't freak me out though, I didn't even find it remotely scary. But if I was the victim, I'd be singing a different tune...

I sort of avoided the Saw movies because at the time they were coming out, I and my wife were trying to save her foot from being amputated. It would not have been cool to rent Saw and say, "Oh look honey! How amusing, just like your foot getting cut off!" Yeah, that wouldn't have flown over too well. Her foot is now officially healed, and she is learning to walk again after not walking for three years. But normally I like horror movies. You should see John Carpenter's "Cigarette Burns". There's a demented movie if ever there was one.

5 was so lame, haha. It was just the same formula, and you can see the plot twist at the end from a mile away.

I liked the first one. I wasn't 'freaked out' that much by them, maybe some scary bits... but not particularly scary.

Personally, the first one was great, and it all went downhill from there. don't quite like the whole "torture" theme of horror movies lately, I prefer the good old 1980's horror films, with creative costumes, terrible fake blood, and actual imagination. Not to say Saw is a bad movie, just that they've taken a kick-ass concept (saw 1, 2 and 3 should have been the only movies), and have started beating the dead horse. (I'm looking at you, 4 and 5. what horse-shit)

Quote Originally Posted by Kraiden View Post
    Personally, the first one was great, and it all went downhill from there. don't quite like the whole "torture" theme of horror movies lately, I prefer the good old 1980's horror films, with creative costumes, terrible fake blood, and actual imagination. Not to say Saw is a bad movie, just that they've taken a kick-ass concept (saw 1, 2 and 3 should have been the only movies), and have started beating the dead horse. (I'm looking at you, 4 and 5. what horse-shit)
    I don't really like that sort of horror so I assume that's why they need to actually show torture in progress now. Saw and Hostel are not the only ones to show torture. House of Wax showed a guy getting encased in wax while hes alive. <_>

But anyways the first Saw movie did carry a pretty valid point of people taking their lives for granted while still being a horror movie. At least that's how I viewed it. It also had one of the best endings I ever seen.