Thread: going back to doctor on 11th of Nov - Comments PLEASE

Default going back to doctor on 11th of Nov - Comments PLEASE

My urologist had me keep a bladder diary - that was very enlightening. I did not realize how much I was leaking for sure until I kept that diary. I found that the leaking is more than I had thought. I believe that just having to keep a record made me more aware of the feelings of constant dripping. I also discovered it made a difference in what I was sitting on. If I sat on the couch or a hard chair it seemed like my leaking was guite abit less. If I sat on my chair at work (executive high back chair with more of a rise in the front under the back of my knees or in the car which has a simular rise in the front behind my knees that I leaked more. I also found that in just standing that the leaking was at its greatest and also a bit less but still great in walking.

I had never really thought about the fact that what one sits on or what one is doing has an impact on leaking. I always just thought of it being if one coughed or did lifting or some physical work.

I now have ordered samples of various diapers to try. I did try the Wellness diaper and found it really not good. I hope some of the other samples are better. The main thing I want to find is one that will alow me to go all day and not have to change and one that will not leak so that I don't have to wear a kitchen garbage bag over the diaper and under the plastic pants. Leaking at work really sucks.

The doctor on the 11th is going to go in with a camera catheter thing and look at my bladder. I hope that is not one nightmare experience. I plan on also talking more with the doctor about what I can do to correct the problem (if anything as I totally can not take the meds due to the other meds I am on for my heart). Perhaps some form of excersize will help but who knows. I also want to find out more about that he thinks could have caused this.

As most know I have enjoyed wearing diapers in the past for the pleasure of wearing them but actually having to wear them and then there is the issue of how do I address this condition with my mate and or other family members. I am of three trains of thought: One tell no one, Two tell my mate, Three tell my mate and the adult children. Any feedback on how others address this issue and what responce they got from family or there mate would be appreciated.

For starters, wait for the doctor's results. Maybe you just have a type of urinary infection causing the leakage. As far as telling anyone, if you do have a problem that can't be fixed, or you choose not to fix it (ie you don't want surgery), then I would tell your mate so s/he will understand what you're going through. As for the adult children, I'm sure they will understand if and when you decide to tell them. Let us know (if you want) what the doc says.

That test you are going to have is not fun at all. Atleast for me. They have to better ability to numb guys up more than they can girls so hopefully that will help you.

Personally, I find any test involving catheters to be highly uncomfortable, but there are some who can more easily abide them. I do not think, though, that under any conditions this will be an enjoyable experience, though it is probably a needed one.

As to whom you should tell: that is a highly individual decision. For me, it came down pretty immediately to practical considerations. I was about to travel with my daughters to Europe; thus we would be sharing a hotel room; thus they needed to know. If daughters knew, sone needed to know. Husband of course needed to know. In Europe, we stayed with an old friend for a few days--someone whose garbage I'd be using. Thus she needed to know. Practical considerations. I have not told my mother yet, for she has had no reason to know, but we will be visiting her at Christmas, so I'll be telling her soon. She of course knows I've work diapers for bedwetting in the past.

As I said, though, these things are for each of us to decide within our own comfort zones.

I had that camera done on me, frankly it wasn't a pleasant experience. Didnt find out why the urge incontinence with leaking from it either, doc just wanted to try out his new equipment on me. Stopped being his guinea pig and never went back. What really got me was when he called me a unique case, primarily because the combination Of l5S1 disc herniation and sever urge incontinence.
    I wish you luck and pray you found a good doctor. Hopefully they can fix you.

The apointment was changed to 1030 am tommorrow. I do hope that he has some answers. I am finding that the whole process of finding a diaper that meets my needs to be a pain. I did get a bunch of samples from Disposable Medical Express. One thing that I discovered is that I am not a large for sure. Some of the samples are huge to say the least.

What I am looking for is a diaper that I can wear at work (even with plastic pants) that I do not have to change. I hate changing in the company mass bathroom. The other thing I am wanting to find is one to wear at night. I am not having accidents at night but getting broken sleep is wearing me down. Oh to be able to sleep 8 hours straight.

I do not mind if the diaper is bulky - the main thing I want is for it not to leak and if that means wearing a pad or more than one diaper so be it.

I well say this again - Playing at being incontinent is one thing - being incontinent or developing incontinence is totally another. It is not a game when it is real. Now do not get me totally wrong on this - I do sometimes still enjoy wearing the diaper but worry about leaking and the changing at work that sucks big time.

I know that pull ups do not hold as much as a regular diaper but I do find that they are easier to deal with at work. I have in the past just slipped off the wet one and put on another - no noise of the taping - and then just put the wet one in a grocery store plastic bag and tied it up - then disposed of it in the bathroom waist paper holder. Any suggestions on how to change a regular plastic backed diaper at work?

Quote Originally Posted by jennycooper1948 View Post
    I know that pull ups do not hold as much as a regular diaper but I do find that they are easier to deal with at work. I have in the past just slipped off the wet one and put on another - no noise of the taping - and then just put the wet one in a grocery store plastic bag and tied it up - then disposed of it in the bathroom waist paper holder. Any suggestions on how to change a regular plastic backed diaper at work?
    I gave up on pullups because of the necessity of having to take my trousers off completely in order to change. That ended up being far more of a hassle than changing an all-in-one. Now, I use Tena Flex (the belted sort, Abena also does them but Tenas are cheaper). They are very quick, quiet and simple to change and you don't need to lean up against a wall to do it standing up.

Good luck with the docs appointment.