Thread: Hi. I'm new. I've never admitted to this before, even anonymously.

Default Hi. I'm new. I've never admitted to this before, even anonymously.

I'm a very cautious person, and being a DL was something I've kept very secret. Have you seen one of those walk-in closets have an inner set of doors at the back, with a second tiny closet behind them? That's how closeted I've been... in the back of the closet inside the closet. But I'm getting bored of being locked in that closet, and so this year I've resolved, for the first time, to try talking to other people, to join a community.

Even doing this behind a pseudonym is hard. It'll take a while to get used to being even this open.

So, what to say that makes me seem interesting? I went through lots and lots of school. I work in the entertainment industry, with a profession that straddles the line between nerdery and artery. I think very hard about a lot of things. I like Shakespeare and Gaiman and procedural detective shows. I used to have hobbies but they fell by the wayside when my career took over my life... I should try to get those back too.

Welcome Plutoid, I am the same as far as informing anyone else about my issues in life, but being IC my doctors know of course, but I keep it hidden from the rest of the world very well, which is a challenge everyday, but easier then it was when it started. Don't feel alone, there are many like us that enjoy wearing for one reason or another, whatever floats your boat I say, as long as you are not harming anyone, GIVE'er! I figured if I had to wear them, I may as well enjoy it, it's not going away anytime soon! Waddles

Quote Originally Posted by Plutoid View Post
    I'm a very cautious person, and being a DL was something I've kept very secret. Have you seen one of those walk-in closets have an inner set of doors at the back, with a second tiny closet behind them? That's how closeted I've been... in the back of the closet inside the closet. But I'm getting bored of being locked in that closet, and so this year I've resolved, for the first time, to try talking to other people, to join a community.

Even doing this behind a pseudonym is hard. It'll take a while to get used to being even this open.

So, what to say that makes me seem interesting? I went through lots and lots of school. I work in the entertainment industry, with a profession that straddles the line between nerdery and artery. I think very hard about a lot of things. I like Shakespeare and Gaiman and procedural detective shows. I used to have hobbies but they fell by the wayside when my career took over my life... I should try to get those back too.
    Hello and welcome to the site. I think you'll find that most of the members on this site manage to keep this side of us under wraps, including myself. There are however, several members who are out to their friends, etc. and manage to make it work. One size does not fit all, and probably depends on one's comfort level. I work two professional level jobs, so I stay hidden as far as my enjoyment of diapers goes.

Cool that you're in the entertainment industry. I'm a professional musician and a church music director in addition to being an educator. I am retiring from my school job at the end of this year, but I will continue with music. I'm classically trained, and have sung at Philharmonic Hall, NYC as well as Carnegie Hall, under Bernstein and Stowkowski.

Besides music I enjoy writing and have a story on Nook Book. I'm finishing my first novel and hope to have that out before Christmas.

I hope you will enjoy the site and become involved in the threads. We're probably the safest site concerning this sort of thing, and we watch out for each other.

Hello Plutoid and welcome to the group.

This is a very interesting introduction.

I can empathize with your feelings, but you will find that your are amongst friends and people that are of like mind and have been through the same feelings.

Again welcome and I will look forward to seeing you in the forums.

Egor

Quote Originally Posted by Plutoid View Post
    I'm a very cautious person, and being a DL was something I've kept very secret. Have you seen one of those walk-in closets have an inner set of doors at the back, with a second tiny closet behind them? That's how closeted I've been..
    Used to be my story too. Now I am very open about it all to other abdl folk including some furs and an ex I still see. I have holdover secrecy habits like taking discarded padding to public bins away from my home, always wearing plastic pants, and double diapering for movies . I like an inner one = disp underwear turned inside out, and I wear a long parka in case my pp ever creep above the waistline. (Canadian winter.)

But I'm getting bored of being locked in that closet, and so this year I've resolved, for the first time, to try talking to other people, to join a community.
    Good for you: [video snippet] You chose the right place to join as a first community. There are other padded groups but this one is the safest, most discrete, friendliest, and most secure to my knowledge. I happen to make Adisc my online home, others may prefer a site like Daily Diapers. Hell I am sure I don't need to suggest you check out the whole lot of them and decide what you like.

There is no requirement to reveal any more than you find comfortable. I don't expect images of you padded, for instance. Not my thing. Nor any personally identifying info. While I am in the local live scene that's not for everyone. If at any point you decide you want to meet other abdl folk we can offer guidance as to how to find events, and what to do at them (such as camp) but we are not a dating site - those do exist but we don't contest that particular turf. You can think of us maybe like university, with full year courses, and multi-year majors... or part-time night courses for fun and not for credit.

So l let me say: welcome. I just got back from Ender's Game, a movie I heartily recommend. The characterization was great, departures from the book didn't spoil anything. and Sir Ben Kingsley and Harrison Ford were excellent. I am giving nothing away by saying the Kingsley character was half Maori. (That's a shout out to Kiwiboy.)

But again, the secrecy thing, paranoia about being discovered, along with common shame and embarrassment are nothing new to our ears. We understand, we get it. I 've been dl over 40 years, back when a diaper fetish was an obscure footnote in deviant psychology textbooks and having one as a kid of 5 or 6 was unique to me, as far as I knew, and top secret. Still is except to those in the know.

- - - Updated - - -

@ Dogboy

have sung at Philharmonic Hall, NYC as well as Carnegie Hall, under Bernstein and Stokowski
    I did not know that. Cool. I know Stokowski from Fantasia and and knew well an old recording of Prokofiev's Peter And The Wolf that was likely Bernstein's from 1960.
    Last edited by Raccoon; 04-Nov-2013 at 05:58.

Welcome to the site! No need to hide, we all are literally the same here and most of us have been in that disused box at the back of your closet for a long time!