Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Stage Crew People

Default Any Stage Crew People

So yah im now a seinior and i finally have a chance to be on the stage crew. Wow, what a change we had since how it used to be. We had a guy from a local university who let us use all the lights from there, but his kid graduated and he left . We now have probably THE MOST GHETTO setup in the history of the world lol. For our sound we now only have like 3 wireless mics and a few wired ones, which are a royal pain to use. And to top it all off our lights are... well for a lack of a better word... interesting. We have no dimmers for the house lights, we have like 2 hanging units for up in the catwalk (We used to have like 5 or 10 of them) and the only way to control the stage lights is to use the big levers in the main booth lol. I think im going to take a few pics of our stuff and post them on here. But i was wondering, anyone else to stage stuff, and what dose your school have. Should be interesting to see lol.

Note: I JUST REALIZED IM A REGULAR!!!!! lol

hahah have you not seen my avatar & signature and the lil name under mine hahah

im like ADISC's official techie i think :]

Wow your set up sucks >.<

Default actualy

actually your avatar is what made me think to ask lol

Quote Originally Posted by tbdl58860 View Post
    So yah im now a seinior and i finally have a chance to be on the stage crew. Wow, what a change we had since how it used to be. We had a guy from a local university who let us use all the lights from there, but his kid graduated and he left . We now have probably THE MOST GHETTO setup in the history of the world lol. For our sound we now only have like 3 wireless mics and a few wired ones, which are a royal pain to use. And to top it all off our lights are... well for a lack of a better word... interesting. We have no dimmers for the house lights, we have like 2 hanging units for up in the catwalk (We used to have like 5 or 10 of them) and the only way to control the stage lights is to use the big levers in the main booth lol. I think im going to take a few pics of our stuff and post them on here. But i was wondering, anyone else to stage stuff, and what dose your school have. Should be interesting to see lol.

Note: I JUST REALIZED IM A REGULAR!!!!! lol
    Actually, the most GHETTO light setup in the world was the one we had when I was in a church singing group - two "towers" made out of PVC pipe holding six coffee cans each with different colored floods in them. No controls except switches for the individual bulbs! I am surprised we never started a fire!

Secret

I guess this counts but, im like the technician for my schools band/music class?

I can get your amps and gear
    to power up
    I can solder any connection
    and draw any circuit diagram
    I dabble in eqaulization and light control
    I am the techie

Hahaha I think I made a poem/haiku thing?

To be or not to be, that is the question. Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the Slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. Or to take up arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing end them?
    To die, to sleep no more! And by to sleep we say to end, the heartache and the thousands nature shocks that flesh is heir too. Tis a consumation, devoutly to be wished.
    To die, to sleep, to sleep, perchance to dream, aye there's the rub. For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come when we have shuffl...

...Oh wait... Techies.... Nevermind.

All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players:
    Except for those of us on the crew.

It's been too long for me to say what kind of a set the high school I went to has now, but I have two thoughts, yours does suck, and what do you need microphones for?

Secret

Hahaha set design is lame be a roadie like me!