Thread: New Again

Default New Again

I am reintroducing myself.

I am dprluv. I am a DL.

I am here because I feel ADISC is a great resource for finding answers to questions about diapers and diaper related things and activities.

I would also love to finally meet and make friends in our community because now more than ever are we able to communicate with like minded people. In this case people who are more than accepting of the particular choice of wearing diapers and engaging in diaper related stuff.

I have many other interests, but when I come here I am definitely wanting to talk about, or find out how others deal with certain diaper related issues, thus I have been much more of a passive reader/viewer than an active poster. I can see how I benefit less from being passive rather than being active, so I am going to make a conserted effort to be more active in this forum.

That being said, some of my interests include music, movies, sports, and being philosophical (just conversing and relating to others about anything). I am also particularly fascinated by the new ideas and developments in quantum physics and theory. I like these ideas of how our universe and reality are defined and feel that all people have the ability to understand so much more of our universe and what the true nature of this reality is. I think Einstein was an absolute genius because we are finding out just how correct he was all along. Even though I truly don't understand what all the math behind the theories means, the ideas put forth from them states that I am the one who creates my reality and I like that so much more than being a passive participant. I also like to try and "manipulate" my reality into a better one, of which is not just "positive thinking". I believe it is a skill that needs to be developed just like any other skill, and I believe our failure to understand that is why we fail at it. Whew!

My particular interest for ADISC is finding new friends to relate to about diapers especially, as well as any other possible similarities we may also enjoy, so send me a message or response or whatever.

Look forward to hearing from any or all of you!
    Thanks,
    dprluv
    Last edited by dprluv; 30-Oct-2013 at 19:55.

Welcome! You have a great introduction! I'm a dl originally from Arizona myself. Are you a Cardinals fan, too?

Hi. I am Raccoon, and I am dl too

.I would also love to finally meet and make friends in our community because now more than ever are we able to communicate with like minded people.
    Zipperless said

Welcome! You have a great introduction!
    I agree.

Creating realities is a difficult and important job.Interpreting them almost as tricky and just as important.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
    Last edited by Raccoon; 31-Oct-2013 at 17:12.

Well greetings and I think it's great you finally decided to become a more active part of the site and less of a passive participant.And like Zipperless and Raccoon I'm a DL as well.

And I like your views on Einstein and all because I myself enjoy learning about the same things because I've always had a curiosity for scientific information.And I like how you think about "manipulation" your own reality because after all reality is just how we perceive our own existence so everyone's reality is different from everyone else's

To Zip

I am more of a fan of the game rather than any team now. Originally from Indiana so I was a long time Colts fan but I felt as though I gave too much to a team and got too little in return. Watching just the games without any horse in the race allows me to get what I want from football without giving a crap about all the hype, drama, and diva stuff now permeating the NFL. I do want the cards to win, but if they losee I don't lose sleep.

dprluv

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YAHLD View Post

And I like your views on Einstein and all because I myself enjoy learning about the same things because I've always had a curiosity for scientific information.And I like how you think about "manipulation" your own reality because after all reality is just how we perceive our own existence so everyone's reality is different from everyone else's

As much as the "manipulation" of reality is as subtle and effortless as breathing, our attention is diverted from how easy it can be because we become concerned about what others think or feel and because we may be going against the grain of society. Our natural tendency to be included in "the group" allows us to put blinders on to our personal realities, thus we deny ourselves, condemn ourselves, and form a very strong and negative viewpoint of ourselves because we defered to what "the group" decided to be correct social behavior. Being an ABDL is a perfect example because society has deemed that wearing a diaper is for babies, old people, and those who have a real medical necessity leaving no other option. What does the personal declaration, "I love wearing diapers" serve? How do we internalize that thought and weigh it against how others will perceive us? This explains the classic binge/purge cycle may ABDLs experience. For many ABDLs the personal torture of feeling wrong is the lack of true expression of the self, of which is ultimately what constructs your reality. I love to wear diapers, and that is the reality of it. Whether or not society, or friends, or family agrees with my actions, and whether or not I condemn myself for liking to wear diapers, the reality still remains the same: I love to wear diapers. That little acceptance of myself makes diapers a whole lot more fun.

dprluv

Yes indeed, dprluv. It's funny, I was just talking about celebrating non-conformity in another thread, here. You will also note a quick glance at wiki about freedom of expression tells us

The right to freedom of expression is recognized as a human right under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_expression

"[e]veryone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference" and "everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice". (Notwithstanding certain exceptions, like copywrite, military secrets, hatespeech, yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater etc.) Wearing diapers is nowhere excluded, nor cross-dressing, nor fursuiting. I think it's time to revisit Tom Lehrer singing SMUT.

Hip hip hooray!
    Let's hear it for the Supreme Court!
    Don't let them take it away!
    Last edited by Raccoon; 31-Oct-2013 at 20:46.

Quote Originally Posted by dprluv View Post
    As much as the "manipulation" of reality is as subtle and effortless as breathing, our attention is diverted from how easy it can be because we become concerned about what others think or feel and because we may be going against the grain of society. Our natural tendency to be included in "the group" allows us to put blinders on to our personal realities, thus we deny ourselves, condemn ourselves, and form a very strong and negative viewpoint of ourselves because we defered to what "the group" decided to be correct social behavior. Being an ABDL is a perfect example because society has deemed that wearing a diaper is for babies, old people, and those who have a real medical necessity leaving no other option. What does the personal declaration, "I love wearing diapers" serve? How do we internalize that thought and weigh it against how others will perceive us? This explains the classic binge/purge cycle may ABDLs experience. For many ABDLs the personal torture of feeling wrong is the lack of true expression of the self, of which is ultimately what constructs your reality. I love to wear diapers, and that is the reality of it. Whether or not society, or friends, or family agrees with my actions, and whether or not I condemn myself for liking to wear diapers, the reality still remains the same: I love to wear diapers. That little acceptance of myself makes diapers a whole lot more fun.

dprluv
    How very true that is my friend and I couldn't have said it better myself.But I really don't care what "the group" says or thinks I accept myself for who I am.So I very very rarely defer to what "the group" thinks and the times I do is for my own protection in the sense that I can't express a certain area of myself without losing the way of life I'm living so I don't experience the binge/purge cycle that others can/do.So like you the acceptance of that part of myself makes diapers more fun when I can wear/use them.