Thread: Abena L4 issues

Default Abena L4 issues

So I'm the size that I fall right on the line between M4 and L4 for Abena diapers. I wear L4 just for comfort. However, when I tape up I end up with a lot of excess plastic above the diaper that sticks out, not padding but just plastic trim. Is there anything wrong with trimming your diapers to have less 'hang over'? Has anyone tried this?

That's funny, I just put an L4 on myself, and also feel like I might fall between the size of the M4 and L4. I haven't tried trimming it, but if it's just loose stuff that won't prevent leaking or help hold the diaper on, I don't see a problem with it.

I've tried it before, as I find myself in that same category. It doesn't really change all that much, and takes too much time. I think it has to do with the fact that the L4 is about 20% longer than the M4.

I wear l4 too...m4 feels a bit small...but l4 big...

I don't see an issue with the chopping...but also don't see the need...

If you want them to fit snug...put a pair of briefs over them...works great...

B

I am this way in between Small and Medium

I find the same thing with Tena Slip Maxi's. I like the rise in the large where the mediums are shorter. I don't bother trimming the excess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post
    I just tuck it in the top so it don't stick out.
    Ditto. I take the excess and fold it twice to tuck the entire width of the front panel down. Cannot stand the feel of the outer plastic on my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by AggieBaby View Post
    So I'm the size that I fall right on the line between M4 and L4 for Abena diapers. I wear L4 just for comfort. However, when I tape up I end up with a lot of excess plastic above the diaper that sticks out, not padding but just plastic trim. Is there anything wrong with trimming your diapers to have less 'hang over'? Has anyone tried this?
    I trim the front of several kinds of diapers I have here. I have above-average thick thickness so I order my diapers larger so the lowers fit properly. And that tends to make them run tall. I typically cut off 1/2 of the plastic all the way across the front on my L4s, ATN, and sometimes also my Wellness.