Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diapered in the Woods

Default Diapered in the Woods

So earlier I got a call and found out that I might be able to go spend the weekend and a good portion of next week (woo!! Fall break!) out at a small patch of land where my dad and my uncle are building a small cabin/hunting lodge out in the middle of the woods on some land they just bought.

Last time I stayed there I was awake at night thinking what it would be like to have brought along some diapers, but I ended up chickening out because both of our entire families ended up coming along. This time it's just going to be my uncle and his daughter and myself.

I'm really thinking I'd like to bring along a few diapers, but I'm not really sure how having them out in the woods would work out. I really don't know what exactly I'd do disposal-wise, as we usually just pack out what little trash we have in a single trash bag that gets tossed in the back of my uncles truck. There isn't even an actual bathroom to get changed in at the moment, right now it's just an outhouse out back from the main cabin.

Anyone have any sort of advice or experience with this sorta thing?

Depending on what you'll be doing in the great outdoors, I'd advise caution here. I decided to pack some along on a trip to a family cabin and ended up going on a hike diapered. Let me tell you, that was a big mistake. You just need to be careful in close proximity to family like this. If you're dead set on diapering while camping, I advise using a lot of powder, camping has a tendency to make diapers chafe for some reason.

I'v been diapered in the woods before, albeit in a different scenario. When I was 19 I went out to some local woodland on a warm summers night. It must have been about 2-3am, and I took a backpack with a Tena Maxi in. When I got to the woods, I stripped off and got diapered up, and ran around in just a diaper with a flashlight. I live in a semi-rural location, but thinking back about it, it still was a little bit risky.

It felt great and really liberating. Although I would advise that you do this alone, if that is your plan.

Quote Originally Posted by AggieBaby View Post
    Depending on what you'll be doing in the great outdoors, I'd advise caution here. I decided to pack some along on a trip to a family cabin and ended up going on a hike diapered. Let me tell you, that was a big mistake. You just need to be careful in close proximity to family like this. If you're dead set on diapering while camping, I advise using a lot of powder, camping has a tendency to make diapers chafe for some reason.
    While nothing is certain on a trip like this, I *think* the vast majority of the time we're just going to be chilling out while my uncle is doing some winterization stuff to the cabin itself. We do go on hikes all the time, but with the way the weather is right now, I'm guessing we'll be having a pretty lazy time for now. Plus I've gotten quite good at wearing around family, even with the bambino's that I usually have! >;D

As far as wearing around family goes, I am pretty concerned. My cousin who's coming along is actually one of only two people in my family that semi-knows about my diapers, as she kind of found out about them a while back. Obviously she doesn't have any idea that I'm thinking of bringing em along, but if she did notice it wouldn't be much of a problem at all. My uncle has no idea whatsoever, but I'm thinking he's going to be busy for most of the time anyways, almost every time we go to the 'farm' as its called he spends his entire time there fixing up/maintaining stuff.

The powder sounds like a great idea! Especially because it's apparantly gonna be cold/rainy for most of the time we're there. As long as the whole place doesn't start to smell like baby powder, I might just do that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RouteLeader View Post
    I'v been diapered in the woods before, albeit in a different scenario. When I was 19 I went out to some local woodland on a warm summers night. It must have been about 2-3am, and I took a backpack with a Tena Maxi in. When I got to the woods, I stripped off and got diapered up, and ran around in just a diaper with a flashlight. I live in a semi-rural location, but thinking back about it, it still was a little bit risky.

It felt great and really liberating. Although I would advise that you do this alone, if that is your plan.
    I'm guilty of this myself. I'm an Eagle Scout and a big time outdoorsman, and I've spent a TON of time backpacking outside in conditions that most people would freak out over. For some reason I haven't thought to bring diapers out with me on many occasions, but the one time I did do it, it was tons of fun! The only downside to that pacticular trip was we were rock climbing, and having a climbing harness on over jeans and a diaper was kind of...odd.

You could always bag the used one's in a black bag and have them end up in the bottom of the two holer. Bring powder and rash cream.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    You could always bag the used one's in a black bag and have them end up in the bottom of the two holer. Bring powder and rash cream.
    I could totally stash some trash bags in the stuff I'm bringing, the only problem is we're going to be staying until early next week, and I doubt there will be much of a chance to throw away trash (honestly we mostly burn it while we're out there).

I think the anxiety of the situation may ruin your enjoyment of the trip. If you do decide to abstain, you'll have something to look forward to when you get back, too.

In a situation like that, I would have no choice but to inform the others of my medical need. I would have to bring a large enough back pack for the diapers to accompany me for the hike, and then would need a privacy area for when I need to swap out the garments. That's just the way it goes when you have a disability like mine.

I'll be headed off on my annual deer hunting trip in a few weeks, and, as I have done the past two years, I'll be bringing along some cloth diapers. Although "deer camp" is really my uncle's house in small-town southern Missouri, using and discreetly washing my cloth diapers would be difficult, so I just wear for the padding and keep them dry. Still nice.

The actual hunting consists of long hours sitting in trees, usually with a few beers at the ready. It's common to need to relieve oneself at some point during a four-hour sit, and I have often wondered about using a diaper for this purpose. It would probably not be hard to get away with using disposables, however I don't much care for the thought of tracking something or hauling out a kill while waddling through thick brush in a soaked diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    I'll be headed off on my annual deer hunting trip in a few weeks, and, as I have done the past two years, I'll be bringing along some cloth diapers. Although "deer camp" is really my uncle's house in small-town southern Missouri, using and discreetly washing my cloth diapers would be difficult, so I just wear for the padding and keep them dry. Still nice.

The actual hunting consists of long hours sitting in trees, usually with a few beers at the ready. It's common to need to relieve oneself at some point during a four-hour sit, and I have often wondered about using a diaper for this purpose. It would probably not be hard to get away with using disposables, however I don't much care for the thought of tracking something or hauling out a kill while waddling through thick brush in a soaked diaper.
    That sounds awesome! I've only been deer hunting a few times myself unfortunately, as I usually hunt smaller game like squirrels, coyotes, and turkey. I can't believe I'd never thought of trying to getting padded before going up into the tree stand. I can think of at least two times when I spooked some turkeys while trying to figure out how to go #1 while up in one. Heck on one occasion I nearly dropped a very expensive 12 gauge Benelli shotgun from 20 feet up in a stand.