Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: should i tell mother :/

Default should i tell mother :/

So I'm 21 still at home due to attempting to save enough to move to Montana next summer if been wairing in secret from the age of 18 when I got a job to pay for it I don't get to wait outside my room due to my moms around a lot dad not so much due to work so I know its my buissnes and who cares what others think and yada yada all that fun stuff but it would be a lot Easter I think if she knew but I'm a lill scared to say the least any advice would help on how to tell her or what you'd do help :/

One, if she knows she might not accept it and it will forever affect your relationship. Two, there is zero reason to tell her. Three, supposed she had some obscure niche fetish that the average person would find disgusting; would YOU really want to know that?

If you're moving next summer, just "tough it out" until then. Obviously, the final decision is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MolicareMan View Post
    One, if she knows she might not accept it and it will forever affect your relationship. Two, there is zero reason to tell her. Three, supposed she had some obscure niche fetish that the average person would find disgusting; would YOU really want to know that?

If you're moving next summer, just "tough it out" until then. Obviously, the final decision is up to you.
    ^^^^^
    :this is what I think as well.
    Particularly the penultimate bit regarding fetish. Sometimes things are simply private and it's best to keep them that way. If this is a secret and you've not told anyone IRL and you are feeling like it might be therapeutic to confess, that's fine --- an very often true ('twas for me). But I think the recipient of thy has to be chosen very carefully -- AND I THINK WE MUST ASK THAT PERSON FOR PERMISSION BEFORE ACTUALLY SPILLING OUR BEANS. ie, "I think it would be helpful for me to tell you about a secret in my life of a very personal/sexual/embarrassing nature. Would you be willing to receive that?" And then potentially even talk about the consequences to your relationship for that conversation.
    Mom would never be someone I would go to with that -- I have had it once with a friend and with my wife and in therapy. Nowhere else.
    It is not a secret for me. It is private.

I'll never understand these topics >.> Me personally I would never want my parents knowing my fetishes, also I don't think they want to know there kids fetishes either.

kayley

How would you feel if your mother finally decided to confess that she loves to ride her vibrator all afternoon when no one is home? Do you want her explaining to you that the real reason the TV remote always needs batteries is she secretly swaps out the vibro egg's batteries with the remotes, when she's out of fresh batteries? =O.o=

News flash: every healthy woman does this, and your mom is probably a healthy woman. And if she's over 40 and approching menapause, she's likely pawing her pudding 4 to 5 times a day average. But do you really want her to Tell you about it? Do you think you need to know? Would it improve your relationship with your mother to know how she feels about her vibrator usage?

No?

Well mate, its the same thing with your diapers. Your mom doesn't need to know anything about your choice in underwear. Just keep it in your pants.

=^.^=

Ummmmm.... Hell No!
    Seriously dude... What could possibly get out of this.

Yes, there will come a time when you will want, even need to tell someone....this ain't that time.

With knowing nothing about your mother, I would say no, just to be safe. It could turn really ugly, and you'll be out of there in not too long aways. If she takes it wrong, it could make things really hard and damage your relationship with her forever.

However, you know her best. I won't condone doing it with no information on her, but I do know from experience that sometimes it's okay to tell, considering what you parent is like. A few months ago, I spilled the beans that I liked wearing diapers. I wasn't planning on it before, but I was beyond upset due to my boyfriend passing away, and when my dad kept asking me if he could get anything to make me feel better at all, I just let it all out. I literally asked him to buy me diapers, and said I wanted them because I'm an adult baby. He was a bit shocked at first, but didn't mind and let me get them. It's been almost four months now, and while I keep it as quiet as I can, he knows I am buying them and stuff. He doesn't seem bothered at all.

I will say my experience was a rare case though. My family is much more open about things, we don't keep much from each other, and aren't put off by much. So, use caution in making this decision.

I never thought about it like that makes sense though thanks for the input