Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will we ever be studied?

Default Will we ever be studied?

Serial killers have been studied and so have pedophiles I believe and abusers. So why not AB/DLs to see what causes us to like diapers and wanting to regress and if we are born to like it or not or if it's the environment or something.

Do you think experts will ever decide to try and study us like they have with other things like why people kill and what causes it?

Since AB/DL seems to be getting more common because it's appearing in the media and TV shows so there is more awareness about it, I wonder if experts will ever decide to study it to see why we do it or like it and what causes us to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Serial killers have been studied and so have pedophiles I believe and abusers....
    I don't think ABDLs will ever be a research priority. The psychology of serial killers and paedophiles is studied because of the harm they do to others, so they can be caught, treated or prevented from harming. Most ABDLs are secretive and pretty harmless in their practice.

I think when the psychology of identity becomes a more developed field they'll start studying Adult Babies, Furries, the "trans-abled" and other minorities who have "strange" or "illogical" identities constructed by their brains... other than that, I can't see much reason for scientific interest in ABDLs.

We have already been studied in the 80's by a guy called Thomas J. Speaker. Google his masther thesis on paraphilic infantillism.

Well, I think that there may not be very many extensive studies, but i bet there will be some re-evaluations to studies such as what Vexxus brought up, because i think what is professionally known about infantilism still isn't very accurate. The only thing propelling a need to study it forward is an increase of people approaching psychologists for help about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxus View Post
    We have already been studied in the 80's by a guy called Thomas J. Speaker. Google his masther thesis on paraphilic infantillism.
    Speaker's thesis was a really interesting read! Unfortunately, since it's from 1980 if I recall correctly, he was limited by the methods of his time. The really small sample size, in particular, would cause problems. But it was a very interesting paper, and worth reading for those into the research aspect of ABDL.

I also wish someone would study us with modern methods and understandings of psychology. It'd be wonderful to have some answers about why we are the way we are. I don't think it'd change anything for me, but I'd love to find out for curiosity's sake!

The problem with trying to do an "Infantilism" study, I believe is simply due to the fact that we're not all a "one size fits all." ABDL has a general background, but the tie-ins to other fetishes and/or the likes are virtually limitless. Not to mention there is NO real reason why we get into this in the first place, because not everyone had some kind of traumatic episode which caused them to want to be a baby again or simply like diapers, for that matter. Case in point, for my baby age, I like anything ranging from newborn to about six months old, completely helpless, messy diapers, the whole nine yards and that's JUST straight up ABDL without anything else I've branched into because of it. Having said all that; in recent memory of a poll done here at ADISC, I can tell you that my age range is in the minority because most people here prefer to be in the age range of a toddler and do not enjoy the same aspect I do when they regress.

Could you imagine the size of the book trying to cover all of this?

I couldn't began to explain why I like being a baby, but I know one thing, when I'm in my zone, it's the best stress reliever known to man.

Most likely they would conduct an case study because of the number of abdl, focusing on a few people. However, I think it would be interesting to get an accurate number of abdl worldwide.

Ironically, the people who know the most about us are all of us who are on sites such as this one. It's one topic which is often discussed, and a lot of information has been shared. One of our members is Bittergray, and he has done a lot of research. I'm not so sure that we're much of a secret.

Yes,

I'm sure someday there will be more study on Abdl, same for bdsm...

Now while I'm comparing these terms, ignore the crossover for a moment...

Each of those areas, are known, bdsm more so, but each of the terms used are really broad, so the research in the area is very tough to quantify...

Even down to the names, people that use the term bdsm, may or may not participate in all areas, such as bondage, domination, saitomachasim...some purely enjoy other splinter areas too, like strict self bondage...

Same for Abdl, I use the term, but I'm not a diaper lover, I've been ic for 41 years, I do "appreciate" them much more that love them, and goto lengths to be out of them when possible...and do find playing around lessens the dislike of them very much...

Some are purely ab's, others are purely, dl's, I'm sure there are some that would be in some splinter areas as well, such as sissies, or even just have a fetish over urine, or etc...

With the diversity of the area riveling the diversity of the tag "depression" it going to take a while to even define the areas.

For example depression has been studied for quite some time now, and every year there is a new form or more defined, and will need to be studied.

It will happen, it will get studied at some point, but will take decades to be able to explain and quantify it to the point where even 1/2 is known...

People think out knowledge as humans are great, well, I hate to break the bubble most get from college professors...We know very little...but, out knowledge is accelerating at a decent doubling speed...

Areas such as physics is still a long way from even scratching the surface, areas like deep space charting are also just beginning, we don't even know a substantial amount about deep sea, or even the complex and ever changing relations in the seas.

But, we are heading in the right direction...when I was in college, things like quarks were just theory's...and now than and even the "god" partial is proven...transfer of knowledge is key to this to keep going forward....

As example the dark ages, Europe and what we call the civilized world actually lost tons of knowledge obtained previously, some of this knowledge was maintained in others areas and came back to Europe in the renaissance...which is a rebirth of scicience primarly in chemistry...

I actually dislike history, but know that without knowing the past we cannot explore the future...

That of course was not the first time major portions of knowledge have been lost over the ages...

So, back on topic, yes it will be studied, in fact maybe there is a young physcholigist or similar that may in fact read this very post and begin work in this very area, possibly creating a whole new field in this area, just the the LHC is doing for physics right now.

B

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbabybret View Post
    So, back on topic, yes it will be studied, in fact maybe there is a young physcholigist or similar that may in fact read this very post and begin work in this very area, possibly creating a whole new field in this area, just the the LHC is doing for physics right now.

B

I like numbers and scientific data. If I had the resources I would love to do a full analysis of the people in this and other fetish / abdl communitys. Its just not realistic for a full time college student.